jtval

UFC 69 (and Ortiz V white)

I just got back from aruba and watched the UFC 69.

First, the Koschek/Sanchez fight may have been boring to watch but I was glad to see Sanchez lose. Even if it was cheesy.

I was also Glad to see GSP lose to Serra. As good a guy GSP is I think the hype was too much. I don't think Serra can hold the belt for long because of his height but it will be interesting to see the belt jump around.

I also recorded the Dana White V. Tito Ortiz fight....if you can call it that. do you think it was Tito's way of fucking Dana back? I mean the guy put alot on the line to get the fight and ended up looking like an asshole. (not to me, but to the boxing commission)
My photos

My Videos

Get him back? Ya they got there differences, but White gets in shape, gets ratings for the 1.5 hour show, and comes out looking at least like he'll put his money where his mouth is.

Ortiz ends up with nothing. Most would say he would have won, but now you gotta wonder if he got worried.

Ortiz wins, no big surprise. Ortiz has a tough time beating White, holy crap. It goes to decision, holy crap. WHITE WINS, OH MY GOD.

Any way you cut it, Ortiz doesn't get much out of the fight. B|

I'm pissed that they put that Dana/Tito thing on the air....what a waste of 1 1/2 hours.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yea it was a waste of time but I don't think they had much choice.

Fenceline.
I said in the orig post that Dana looked like an asshole "(not to me but to the boxing commision)"

Meaning that the fans would see it as you do (and I)
but the boxing commision may start to question White's professional equity after this stunt.
My photos

My Videos

I didn't see any of the fights. I can't believe that George lost to Matt. Was it a decision (I thought that George would hold the belt for a longer period of time). What happened with the Dana/Tito fight?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I had my girl DVR the fight, as she was at a wedding ,adn I was out of town. I purposely did not listen to any sports radio, or check out UFCjunkie.com once the main card started.

I was bored to death with the Kos/Sanchez fight.
Kos. really went up in the respect column for his striking skills.

The GSP fight was a total shocker! I went on-line and checked shit out just to make sure I was the only one thinking the fix was in...... I could not, and still cannot believe it.
Good for Sera, but I think Matt Hughes will wipe the mat with him.....
But shit, I thought GSP would too!

The two little Latino guys who fought made that card!
They beat the snot out of each other for 3 rounds.
That was the best fight. (oh yeah, and a big shout out for Cumo!)
I'm glad to see the (nerdy/geeky) guy do something.
I never gave him much of a chance during season 1 (or was it 2?)

Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Butters

Was it a decision (I thought that George would hold the belt for a longer period of time).

No. it was a knock out in the first round. GSP had a glass jaw that evening. I was shocked to see him go down that easily. after the first punch Serra beat him until he was out.

DOug,
Those lightweights were fun to watch. they put on s decent show. And yes the Koz. V sanchez fight was dull. but Koz. whole motive was to put a 1 in diego's "L" column. I think deigo is weird and was happy to see him add the one. Dont getme wrong, he is a greatr fighter but he's got an ego and it's good to see him (hopefully) humbled.
My photos

My Videos

Jtval,

I think that Diego is/was very cocky, but he is a great fighter in that weight class.
I died laughing at Kos.'s comment on Diego's myspace page.

"happy Easter!!!! 19-1 :))) xoxo KOS"

LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D

Winston Churchill

Butters
Those lightweights were fun to watch. they put on s decent show.

I just read this about Leonard Garcia.

Houston Chronicle:

UFC rookie Leonard Garcia (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who battled Roger Huerta (17-1-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) in one of UFC 69’s most entertaining fights, will be invited back to the UFC for a second fight, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Steve Sievert.

Garcia, who filled in for Alvin Robinson on just one month’s notice, dropped a unanimous decision to Huerta. But his constant smiling and refusal to slow down for 15 full minutes earned him a standing ovation at the bout’s conclusion.

It also earned him a second shot at a UFC victory.

Cool, this kid deserves another chance.

Doug.
Winston Churchill