BillyVance

New floor is done!

The new tile floor is done! See the first 3 pictures. B|

Will post pictures soon of the cabinets that just started going up yesterday. All the upper cabinets were installed. Tomorrow the lower cabinets start going in, but here's a shot of the first cabinets to go up, in picture #512. I didn't have a chance to upload more pictures today.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nice!!! I admire people that can do all that handy work themselves.

I can weld, work on engines, fabricate stuff. But when it comes to working on house stuff I suck.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Its easiet to put the upper cabinets in first, you don't have to lean over the lowers.

Look at the picture again. Isn't that what we're doing to begin with? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

nice!

make you a 4" base with the same tile all the way around, looks really sharp with the floor on a 45 like that. and its finish product no preping, painting, or finishing even on the bottoms of the cabinets.

only downside is you only get two pieces of base from each tile.

just incase, for best result paint first that way you dont have to cut in to the base and run a bead of caulk on the top edge to wall not grout.

it really does look good though, cut a feww pieces of tile and put em up against the wall, you'll see
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

nice!

make you a 4" base with the same tile all the way around, looks really sharp with the floor on a 45 like that. and its finish product no preping, painting, or finishing even on the bottoms of the cabinets.

only downside is you only get two pieces of base from each tile.

Sounds like a nice idea that came out 2 weeks too late. I think with a tile saw and two steady hands, I could have gotten 4 pieces out of the 16X16 tiles, wasting nothing.

yeah but ideally you want a factory edge up top, even with a wet saw, it dont look as good. besides its much faster with the cutter. the ones under the cabinets could be double cuts though.

too late why???? you already put the base up??
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

The new tile floor is done! See the first 3 pictures. B|

Will post pictures soon of the cabinets that just started going up yesterday. All the upper cabinets were installed. Tomorrow the lower cabinets start going in, but here's a shot of the first cabinets to go up, in picture #512. I didn't have a chance to upload more pictures today.

Where is your housecat? Building codes require at least one healthy living housecat per building.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

My entire buisiness is interior remodeling. thats what I do and that's what I live for. Your overall floor plan is just that, a floor plan. While you at least went for a 45 tile lay your walls need some umph and some wow. Ceilings can be left alone with a slight texture (stomp & drag) or some sort of contrasting color. But the walls need what we call in Louisiana a little "lagniappe" which translates to "something extra" Long gone are the days of the pure white walls and pure white ceilings. Don't fall into the trap of having what the bigest house on the block has, they are typically the blandest in the "hood". Do what U feel and feel what U do!!!!!

things looking good , I'll have to get my ass in gear and finish up my projects lol , was puting up some more board be gettin gth etaper in (two things I hate to do Tapin gdrywall and painting)
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."