Cashmanimal

Anybody tried this? (pictures included)

I recently acquired a Flat Top Pro from a friend who purchased a new one. I didn't want his stickers and such on it, so I decided to sand it down, and paint it a nice glossy black (my colors are red/black).

Glossy black soon turned to a faint silver gradient, starting at the chin, ending a little above the ears.

The silver gradient eventually made me realize I need some red, to match my jumpsuits and rig. So, I grabbed some candy-apple red, and began to paint smoke on the side... smoke being something i have never tried painting before. Primarily, because I hate painting.

Now, it has turned into layering clear coat/smoke, and I just added my signature to the right jaw area. Haven't decided what's going on the other side yet... but here is where it stands so far:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/acashman19/RightSide.jpg

I have done all the sanding, spray painting, and detail work in my dorm shower/room. The first couple layers of black wrinkled a bit, but i didn't really care because this wasn't going to be a long-term paint job. i was gonna wait until the summer, when I could spend more time on it. I guess I will just live with them now. Hope to be done by the end of the weekend.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Why thank you much.... I am quite proud of it :)
Really, it was much easier than expected. While I will admit the smoke takes a slight bit of artistic talent, to paint this thing with a nice clean glossy coat is extremely simple... as long as you take care in the preparation.

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye