fcajump

TSA policy on traveling with 'chutes

For those traveling, here's one more reference for you...

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1147.shtm

Other notes:
I have found it usefull to carry with the rig, printed copies of the policies/travel documents from the TSA, FAA, Airline, USPA, Airport, SSK (cypres x-ray card), and anyone else I can.

As a rigger, I also carry my license and minimal tools to close the rig, though avoid Cypres temp pins and anything else that could be of concern on its own.

With this approach, I have not had any problem carrying on, but have heard of other's given a hard time...

Good Luck,
Jim
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Down load a copy of this from USPA web site and highlight the sections I have in bold. When you show the other paper work to the screener have this on to.

It has been my experience that they will look no further.

Problems?
Skydivers encountering problems with screeners should request that the screener's supervisor become involved. Skydivers should insist that the supervisor review " Chapter Section 17.2 of Version 4.0 of the Screening Checkpoint Standard Operating Procedure." Skydivers encountering unsatisfactory treatment should contact USPA at 703-836-3495 ext. 325 or e-mail us. Be ready to provide the airport, date and time of flight, airline and flight number, and names of TSA officials involved.

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals