jkm2500

Security Awareness Notice

I just recieved this in the email. It doesn't seem to work for cell numbers, but for home phone numbers it did. I looked up my info. This is legit.

SECURITY AWARENESS NOTICE

Google has implemented a new feature which enables you to type a telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and you will be given the person's name and address. If you then hit Map Quest, you will get a map to the person's house. Everyone should be aware of this! It's a nationwide reverse telephone book.
If a child gives out his/her phone number, someone can now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are obvious.
Note that you can have your phone number removed or blocked. I tried my number and it came up along with the map quest and directions straight to our house. I did fill out the removal form for myself and encourage all of you to do the same.
Please look up your own number.
In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to Google Type your phone number in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit enter. If you want to B L O C K Google from divulging your private information, simply click on your telephone number and then click on the Removal Form. Removal takes 48-hours.
Check your own number and although this may not apply to you if you have an unlisted number or cell phone as primary contact, you may know someone who needs to know this.
Please share this information with friends and family.

Type http://www.google.com/help/pbremoval.html to remove your information.
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

If your number is listed in the phone book it's on the web as well for the most part. some one can then looking up the adress then pull out a paper map. This has the same effect. Just because its done in a digital means dosn't make it any different when the end means is the same. Go to pretty much any public libary and they have phone books of most of north ameraca ( at least the last three towns here in Canada did).

This is nothing different that google or the internet has done other then getting rid of paper method of doing this.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Thank-you for posting this. I just found a website that had my son's name and phone number listed and I had no idea it was out there. I sent a note to the webmaster of that site (there are other minor's phone numbers listed too) and filled out the opt-out form.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon