livendive

Selling gear overseas

So I'm selling a container to someone in Australia. I'm pretty sure it's not a 411 scam or anything like that, and he has agreed to my not shipping the container till after funds clear. The question now is what's the best way to do that? Anyone know what the easiest way will be to deposit a check/money order/traveler's check/whatever and how long I should wait for it to clear? I'm assuming he can get whatever the instrument is made out in US dollars.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

So I'm selling a container to someone in Australia. I'm pretty sure it's not a 411 scam or anything like that, and he has agreed to my not shipping the container till after funds clear. The question now is what's the best way to do that? Anyone know what the easiest way will be to deposit a check/money order/traveler's check/whatever and how long I should wait for it to clear? I'm assuming he can get whatever the instrument is made out in US dollars.

Blues,
Dave

#1 - Bank to bank Wire Xfer - it is cleared in like two days.

#2 - UPS overnight certified check

#3 - Money Orders . . . . .

#756 Pay Pal
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I sold my old main to a person in New Zeland. We used paypal, I know some peeps dont like that method, but it worked for me.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

When I made deals oversees, I asked for a bank draft, drown for my country (I will in the UK at that point). If in the US now, I would ask for a US$ bank draft (most if not all banks have that facility)

Edit: oh yeah, I used paypal too and didnt have any issues.
Remster

How does that work? Is it just like my putting money in my daughter's bank account (same bank, I just tell give the teller her routing number and account number)?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

How does that work? Is it just like my putting money in my daughter's bank account (same bank, I just tell give the teller her routing number and account number)?

Blues,
Dave

Basically, but you also need the bank ID, International xfer id, etc...
Remster

just sold my wifes rig to someone is Spain (hola Miguel if you read this). After spending about 2 days of checking each other out to verify that we both weren't scamming each other, he tried paying me by PayPal. For some reason he was having difficulties. In the end, I opened a new bank account with $1. I emailed him the routing number and account number. He then had his bank in Spain wire transfer the money from his account to mine. I received a confirmation email from his bank to me, and in about 3 days it cleared. I transferred the money from one account to another then withdrew it. It was actually very simple.

Hey, I'm in Australia & bought heaps of gear from ppl in the US. I used the wire transfer method to pay. Basically you need to give your bank account number, name, swift code and branch details and the person can go to the bank (or online) and transfer money to you. It charges the user maybe a $15-20 AUD fee. I found that a few people in the US were sketched out about giving their bank details but no one can really get into your money will only your account number. At least here in Australia it is the most common way to pay someone. Ebay, paying fees for random things, buying stuff online.. the seller's bank account details are always publicly available for a funds transfer.

Good luck!

Blues,
Dave

TTs the best way and can be traced, normaly in your acc in 48 hours.
They need the name of your bank, swift code and acc name and number. Itll cost them $35 AU.
If they use NAB they will need to give your postal addy banks addy andas much info as possible or they wont send it. westpac arnt so strict ( just wankers to work for LMAO)
Or they could use Western Union.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Blues,
Dave

Similar - there are a few other rules to do stuff like that overseas.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun