DustyP

Quesion's about Javelin J4 C-17 harness

I'm 5'11" and 180. I've had 3 custom Javelins and they are C-17 harnesses. It will probably be a little long on you, but would probably be OK. I've had people that are 5'5" and 160 use mine and it's fine. Not perfect but pretty good. A lot depends on your particular body structure.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Hi there, Dusty.

What not save your money for AFF and look for a container after you're licensed?

The deals will still be there and you'll have a better idea what size main and reserve you'll be using after you've downsized a couple of times during your training.
Owned by Remi #?

Thinking about picking one up!

Anyone fly one?

Will it fit a 5'8" 165pound body?

DustyP

Depends on how much of your height is in your legs.

skybytch's recomended harness length rule of thumb for average people is to take your height, subtract your inseam measurement, and subtract 20".

I'm 5'10" with a 30.5" inseam. 70-30.5-20=19.5. I think my custom rigs measure out at 19.5" and 20" respectively.

Just trying it on would be a good idea - the articulated harness ring or legstrap junction should end up even with your hip bone.

Good Question!
Doesn’t make much sense to buy something you can’t use, does it? But my question was
“Will it fit a 5'8" 165pound body?”

This is something that I might be picking up through a "Trade". The rig is complete! If it has “future” potentional for me I’m prolly gonna trade for it! And if it doesn’t fit, always have it for barging.

I never said anything about paying cash money for it, or using it as my first rig.
Just wondered if it would fit.
I always have a Plan! I’m always Thinking.

Thanks for the Replies,
Dusty