hukturn

Commercial Airlines

Why does anyone book a seat on an airline knowing that they do not fit in the seat? I flew from Baltimre to Charlotte today with 1.5 hours on the runway sitting beside this guy who was "flowing" into my seat...seriously, my arm was literally pinned to the seat behind his. He is even a pilot (so he sid and he sounded legitimate).

I think that the airlines should have some degree of commitment to enforcing this. Y'know the metal overhead compartments simulators that they have at the ticket counter? I think they should also have an airline chair at the counter. If you can not fit in it, you should either have to buy an extra ticket to accomodate your ass, purchase a 1st class (wider) seat or not be allowed onto the flight.

Air Rage? This will do it!!

Lawmakers keep talking about a passenger's bill of rights. The right to your own seat should be included :D

Next time that happens to me, I'm going to talk to the flight attendants and demand another seat, or use it as an excuse for them to allow me to sit in the observer's seat on the flight deck.

Kinda like they have the clear box that they can make you put any carry on bag into for a fit-check, they should have 2 bars a certain width apart that you must pass through before boarding.

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Southwest rocks! I like their term "customer of size" :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If you go to the customer service counter in the baggage pick-up area and complain you can usually get some miles or a free ticket for that. They won't purposfully deny a passenger a seat, but they will try and compensate you for your inconvenience!

Is a chicken omelette redundant?