BlueSkiesKel

So I ran another TRI today...

Ran the Tri for Fun in Pleasanton today..

couldnt get a single one of my damn friends to come out.. so i lugged all my stuff all by myself out there..

and ran this course 10 min faster than the last time I ran it!:)
today's time 1hr12min (by my watch) no official results yet so dont know how i did overall.. but it was crazy there 900 folks in this one!
i think i did pretty welll for my age group at least

heres one pic of me and a girl i met there..

I was on the track team in high school. It was how I stayed in shape during the swimming off season. I am a sprinter at heart but I tried cross country. I'm still working on my distance. I'm getting better when I actually put the effort into it.
I'm the twist that turns your key....

Soooo, um....do like, any of you folks in the Coast Guard do any real work or what??

:)
:o
:P

I'm just kidding. I'm quite impressed, honestly. B| I'm still getting used to the whole "running" thing...

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you REALLY want to do something, you could, I dunno... Drive up from DC and do this with me...

I dunno... I'm just sayin... but it WOULD determine who the bonfire's best Triathlete is.

No pressure or anything... You know, if you don't want to compete against me, I'm sure you have your reasons... It's ok...

B|:ph34r::D

If you REALLY want to do something, you could, I dunno... Drive up from DC and do this with me...

I dunno... I'm just sayin... but it WOULD determine who the bonfire's best Triathlete is.

No pressure or anything... You know, if you don't want to compete against me, I'm sure you have your reasons... It's ok...

ok.. heres the deal.. i'm running my FIRST olympic distance the week prior.. on july 15th.. so i'd have a warmup and be ready for it... BUT you goof.. the registration is already SOLD OUT.. you send me the link to a race i CANT enter. thhhhbbbbbbt

the registration is already SOLD OUT.. you send me the link to a race i CANT enter. thhhhbbbbbbt

Thank Christ. When we DO run a Tri together, and you beat me, my frustration will know NO bounds. :D

Thank Christ. When we DO run a Tri together, and you beat me, my frustration will know NO bounds. :D

oh i see how it is.. you invite me to run.. then thank God that its sold out.... and actually i think it'd be a pretty close race btwn you and me..:P we seem to swim and run at the same speed.. not sure bout the bike though bc we've only swam and run together.. so a race could definitely be fun competition...

Hi Coastie

Do you have a pair of six pack abs like the other lady in the picB| How tall are you:P

You don't have to worry about us stalking you could easily outwalk us.B|

lol.. yeah i wish.. no 6pack that i can see:(...
nice attempt at trying to get me to post a pic of my belly:P.. not gonna happen:P

I'm proud of you Kel...as if I had anything to do with how well you're doing at competing in these triathalons. :P

Seriously though, I'm really impressed. At the risk of using a tired conversational-crutch of a cliche, you rock! B|

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

ok.. heres the deal.. i'm running my FIRST olympic distance the week prior.. on july 15th.. so i'd have a warmup and be ready for it... BUT you goof.. the registration is already SOLD OUT.. you send me the link to a race i CANT enter. thhhhbbbbbbt

just so you and peter know, I'm the best, I mean is there any doubt:P:PB|
Congrats again Kel!!
Funny, I am scheduled to do my first olympic the same weekend you are. Cool beans.

and ummmmm I don't think i would swim in the Hudson. Clean??? yeah right!!!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

just so you and peter know, I'm the best, I mean is there any doubt:P:PB|
Congrats again Kel!!
Funny, I am scheduled to do my first olympic the same weekend you are. Cool beans.

and ummmmm I don't think i would swim in the Hudson. Clean??? yeah right!!!!!!

schweet.. which olympic distance one are you running? we'll definitely have to post after we run it.. my goal is to run it under 3hrs.. but being my first olympic.. i'll be happy to just finish!:)

I'm doing the Chattahoochee river front triathlon. I think it's 1000m swim 25 mile bike and a 10k. I never thought of my time goal. I just want to finish, well and beat lots of other people ;). Good thing for me is I'm pretty good on the bike, so maybe I can gain some ground timewise on other peeps. It's the run that will get me, but we'll see. We'll definitely have to post our results.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

The UK leg of the Ironman Tri goes through my home town.

2.4 mi swim, 112 mi bike, 26.2 mi run - and it is not flat.

I've done a lot of cycling along the route that they take and it is just constant hill after hill after hill. After 40/ 50 miles on that terrain I can barely walk away from the bike, let alone run! Much respect to them guys:o

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'm doing the Chattahoochee river front triathlon. I think it's 1000m swim 25 mile bike and a 10k. I never thought of my time goal. I just want to finish, well and beat lots of other people ;). Good thing for me is I'm pretty good on the bike, so maybe I can gain some ground timewise on other peeps. It's the run that will get me, but we'll see. We'll definitely have to post our results.

thats cool, my olympic distance will be a 1500yd swim, a 40kbike and a 10k run, i think my worst is the bike, i dont have solid training on it, so i usually just wing it and try to pace with someone, My goal is to make the Navy Triathlon team, and to do that I have to be able to do an olympic in 2hr30min, so thats my eventual goal.. but this one i just wanna finish and if i'm lucky in under 3hrs...:)

My goal is to make the Navy Triathlon team, and to do that I have to be able to do an olympic in 2hr30min, so thats my eventual goal.. but this one i just wanna finish and if i'm lucky in under 3hrs...:)

You can do it, Kel. We believe in you. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.