livendive

Suggestions for helping a skyride victim?

what are they scamming because apparently my local DZ likes skyride?

Skyride is company owner by the same people that Own ASC (Atlanta Skydiving Center). They have 100`s of website for dropzones that do not really exist all over the country. (See Here for list of Fake Sites http://www.funjumper.com/skyride/). When people search for a local Skydiving center online, They usually get one of these sites. When they call the number on the webpage, the operators pretend to be the local Fake Dropzone and sell them a certificate for Tandems. After they buy the NON_REFUNDABLE ticket, They are then told where they can really use the certificate, Sometimes 100`s of miles away.

Example of a Skyride Call:
Victim: Is this Skydive Nebraska?
Skyride: Yes. Want to schedule a Tandem Skydive.
Victim: Sure. Where are you located?
Skyride: We dont give the location until we have a reservation.
Victim: OK. I want make a reservation at Skydive Nebraska.
Skyride: OK. Gimme your CC Number for your Non-refundable deposit.
Victim: OK.. Here it is.. 123-123-123444
Skyride: OK. The nearest Dropzone to you is in Kentucky.
Victim: WHAT??? NO way. Forget that!! I thought this was Skydive Nebraska.
Skyride: Im sorry sir.. Your certificate is non-refundable. Have a nice day.

To create all these fake websites, they have been known to steal copy written photos off other legitimate skydiving sites and sometimes even steal the entire template for a legitimate website.

Other things they have done include stealing the Phone number of a Dropzone in Tennessee after the DZO dies in a skydiving accident. Skyride called the Phone company pretending to be the Dead DZO and had all the call for that DZ rerouted to their offices. The DZO`s widow did not discover this till an event was scheduled and a regular jumper tried to call the 1-800 number. When they did they discovered they were talking to ASC/Skyride.

These guys are pure sleezeballs that will lie, cheat and steal. They have done tremendous damage to this sport. If your DZ thinks these things are OK, you might want to think about looking for a new DZ. The USPA has revoked their group membership because of these practices.

Look at the top of this page...ASC advertises on Dropzone.com. Go figure. :S:( Almost like we condone their actions.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

If you see ads please PM them to a Mod. HH has been removing ads as they appear. Goggle serves up ads based on the users geographic location so I don't see the same ads you do all the time.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

How is it, these people are able to continue scamming people? With all the bad press, complaints to the various BBB's, T.V. stations and etc. why, aren't they investigated by some law enforcement agency... the FBI or some other agency? What they are doing, from all I've read and heard seems like 'racketeering' to me. The fact that they are allowed to continue their practices is beyond me.

Chuck

Lawyer on retainer: There's always one smarter and sharper. They don't necessarily have that lawyer.
Sucker is born every minute: P.T. Barnum, was a wise man.
There are too many folks who fall for the Nigeria scam or any other out of pure and simple greed.
The reason people don't complain about falling for such scams is usually, they are too embarrassed because they got 'taken'. Someone, some group, needs to speak-up and do something besides sit-back and bitch and moan about it. It's like having a bellyache for a week and not seeing a doctor but would rather complain about the bellyache. If, you don't want to do something to 'fix' it... keep it to yourself. Plain and simple.
I was just curious as to why, Skyride hasn't been investigated.

Chuck

I have suggestions that people in Georgia are doing. You can call Joseph Doyle who is the "Administator of Fair Business Practices Act " with the Goergia GOCA. He is leading the invstigation against them. Phone number is 404-656-1762.

Or email Fred Ellsberry,the president, the Atlanta BBB at
[email protected].

Or try Randy Travis I-Team Reporter with Fox 5 Atlanta. His email is [email protected], phone # 404-898-0146, fax# 404-724-4403.

Please help do something about them.