RALFFERS

Insomnia

I don't know if it's exactly insomna, but it sure as hell feels like it; I've had problems sleeping for years, any one know what I can do to develop better/healthier sleeping habits? Every night I can't lay down till I'm so wiped out I could hardly see straight and am almost too unconscious to walk to the bathroom to wash up. Than there are the nights where I'd come home from the gym beat from working out for hours, yet I can't fall asleep :S.... Is thier anything I could along the naural route? I'm really not fond of the idea of taking pills.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

any problems with light in the bedroom? Maybe tape all the windows up, cover up the clock display, turn off all the lights... etc

Or hell, a good old slug of whiskey is good... :ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

any problems with light in the bedroom? Maybe tape all the windows up, cover up the clock display, turn off all the lights... etc

It's funny you mention that, as ANY source or light annoys the living HELL out of me. Anything, the light under my desk from the modem, the light from my cabel box, the one from he monitor when it's in sleep mode and god forbid the street lights from the window. I threw away my alarm clock because, yeah.......you guessed it......the lights. I have to have a room pitch black.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I've had sleeping problems for years, and I use pills to guarantee myself a solid night's sleep. No problems getting to sleep, but I've had problems staying asleep. Mamma has the same problem; I think it's genetic.

If you're averse to popping pills, I heard Valerian is a good herbal remedy, but I have not tried it. They say passionflower and chamomile help as well.

Good luck.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

It's funny you mention that, as ANY source or light annoys the living HELL out of me. Anything, the light under my desk from the modem, the light from my cabel box, the one from he monitor when it's in sleep mode and god forbid the street lights from the window. I threw away my alarm clock because, yeah.......you guessed it......the lights. I have to have a room pitch black.

I've never understood how my wife can fall asleep on the couch or recliner in the living room with the lights and TV on, but she has to cover the freaking alarm clock and beg me to turn off the computer so she can sleep in bed. :S

Thankfully she's in the other bedroom tonight so I can postwhore... our mattress isn't a real good one so she alternates beds...

Another alternative to look at... your mattress. Is it old?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I know I'm gonna sound like an advertisement, but see your doctor. There are some really awesome sleeping pills available--like Ambien. In my experience, if I take one and go to bed, about 30 minutes later I drift off to sleep and stay asleep for at least seven hours. I wake up completely refreshed and with zero drug hangover!

If you want to go the over-the-counter route, you can try some Benadryl, but it's nowhere near as good.

Walt

, I heard Valerian is a good herbal remedy,
Good luck.

Yup Valerian is my recomendation too. Also try to get yourxwefl into a pattern to prepare yourself for bed and sleep. We can contdition ourselves for many things. Setting up a sleep routine often helps:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?