skymama

Free HIV testing day- June 27th

I just heard on the news that it is Free HIV testing day and a quick Google search showed that a lot of cities are participating. It's not a blood test, just a mouth swab and your results will be ready in a few minutes. All you peeps who don't have health insurance don't have an excuse now to not get tested, make the time to go!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm actually kinda bummed that this is today. I was gonna go to my usual free testing place today (just a coincidence), and now I bet it'll be swamped. :D

But it's still definitely a good thing, and I'm glad it's taking place. I can always go to my other place tomorrow. :)

I'm actually kinda bummed that this is today. I was gonna go to my usual free testing place today (just a coincidence), and now I bet it'll be swamped. :D

But it's still definitely a good thing, and I'm glad it's taking place. I can always go to my other place tomorrow. :)

whats amata you burnin???:ph34r::ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I think your missing my point.
If you are talking about getting tested for HIV, then I don't think there really is a bad time if you have had sex, specially unprotected.

However, I got the vibe from your post that you were not going for HIV, rather something else. You just randomly go to the free clinic to get tested for things when you're feeling fine???? Odd, even though it could be smart, it's odd.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Yes, I'm talking about HIV testing. :P I didn't think I needed to say it explicitly, given that it was what the thread was about. :P

But Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are sneaky little fuckers, too, so it's good to get tested for those as well . . . even if you feel fine. ;)

All you peeps who don't have health insurance don't have an excuse now to not get tested, make the time to go!

I'll second that. Also, most AIDS clinics do free testing year round so, there really is no excuse for not getting tested regardless of your financial situation. I tested poz 12 years ago after all other tests could not pin down why I was so sick (I first got sick down near Tonala Mexico in March of 93. We have been visiting the working girls at least once a week since entering Mexico in Nov of 92). The Dr. suggested an AIDS test. I told him there were no chance of me having AIDS as I am not gay nor am I a junkie but, did tell him of the girls in Mexico. I was more than shocked to test poz. It actually turned my world around Thought it was the end but, still kicking. I only wish that I could had put 1 and 1 together and had got tested as soon as I left Mexico. I know for fact that I had passed it to a few ladies as I never did the raincoat thing and "I knew for fact" that I could not possibly have HIV. If you "know for fact" that you could not possibly have HIV, do yourself and others a favor and go get the test.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Nope, I know enough to know when something is wrong. If i'm with someone that is questionable, you bet i'm getting tested.
It's my fault as I thought kel was not talking about an hiv test.
Most people do not get an HIV test for no reason. Yes it can be passed on even with protected sex, so you're saying everytime you have sex with someone you get tested for HIV??? Althought that may be a good rule, I can almost guarantee more than half the people in the U.S. do not do this.

I guess my naiveness comes from the fact that I basically don't sleep with anything with a pulse.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I guess my naiveness comes from the fact that I basically don't sleep with anything with a pulse.

damnit normiss!!!!! I think you are responding to this. I'm saying that i'm fucking picky, not that I sleep with dead bitches. God damnit!!:ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

If all of your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you do it, too? :P

And everyone NOT doing it with regularity is exactly why everyone SHOULD do it with regularity. Thousands upon thousands of people have no idea that they're carrying it and are infecting their partners.

Edit: grammar

If all of your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you do it to? :P

And everyone NOT doing it with regularity is exactly why everyone SHOULD do it with regularity. Thousands upon thousands of people have no idea that they're carrying it and are infecting their partners.

Most of my friends have jumped off a bridge and I have not.
I see what everyone is saying, and I didn't say getting tested for HIV was ever a bad idea.

that's all i'm gonna say.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

ummm if you NEED to be tested one could argue you weren't smart in the first place.

right????

:P

That is amongst the most ignorant statements about HIV I have ever heard. HIV is often passed from spouse to spouse due to a cheating husband or wife or couples in long term relationships. One may have no reason to believe the other is cheating and possibly putting them at risk. Implying that stupid people get HIV is an insult. I am far from stupid. Prior to testing poz, I was uninformed and knew nothing about HIV. Hell, I never even heard of it, only AIDS. Had no knowledge of how it could be passed. I was just a regular guy doing what near most guys would had been doing. I am much more informed, now.
So to answer your question of "right????". Wrong!!!!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I just heard on the news that it is Free HIV testing day and a quick Google search showed that a lot of cities are participating. It's not a blood test, just a mouth swab and your results will be ready in a few minutes. All you peeps who don't have health insurance don't have an excuse now to not get tested, make the time to go!

There's one clinic at hosptial in Savannah, always give free blood test for HIV for round a year.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

ummm if you NEED to be tested one could argue you weren't smart in the first place.

right????

:P

That is amongst the most ignorant statements about HIV I have ever heard. HIV is often passed from spouse to spouse due to a cheating husband or wife or couples in long term relationships. One may have no reason to believe the other is cheating and possibly putting them at risk. Implying that stupid people get HIV is an insult. I am far from stupid. Prior to testing poz, I was uninformed and knew nothing about HIV. Hell, I never even heard of it, only AIDS. Had no knowledge of how it could be passed. I was just a regular guy doing what near most guys would had been doing. I am much more informed, now.
So to answer your question of "right????". Wrong!!!!

see the little :P face? That means something. And if you read my posts after that, I was not talking about HIV here.

I never said stupid people get HIV? Holy crap you people suck. Because I think you got the shit end of the stick I'll just leave it at that.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

not dead d00d...just that being picky doesn't mean a thing. even hotties get infected with all sorts of shit...and it isn't posted on the forheads to forewarn us! you simply never know and given the time it can take for it to show up in your system, regular testing once or twice a year is ALWAYS a good idea.
Just remember Frank Zappa's song - "I got it from the toilet seat";)
and stop cussing at me!B|

However, I got the vibe from your post that you were not going for HIV, rather something else. You just randomly go to the free clinic to get tested for things when you're feeling fine???? Odd, even though it could be smart, it's odd.

I basically do that for HIV and HSV tests. 80-90 percent of people with HSV-2 don't know they have it because they "feel fine", and contrary to common beliefs, the type specific tests are NOT part of a routine exam...they have to be specifically requested. My current doctor was resistent to giving me the test in the absence of symptoms, as he considers a positive diagnosis to be unjustifiably traumatic (emotionally) to all the people who have it (~20% of american men and ~25% of american women). Lucky for me, he's also my friend, so I've convinced him to make an exception for my peace of mind. I prefer having a piece of paper that says I don't have it to sticking my head in the sand and believing that "feeling fine" means I don't pose any risk to my partner. Now that I'm in a committed relationship and have up-to-date negative results, I've got no reason to continue routine testing. But, if something happens that causes me to end up back out in the dating pool, I will once again be demanding periodic tests regardless of whether I feel fine.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)