DZ_EPHESUS_TR

Should the riggers get confirmation from the producer that AAD reaaly had the maintenance?

Cypres has a sticker on the unit so the rigger can easily tell when the last service was.

Vigil - no service except when it fails to arm (not sure about that one)

Argus - Too early to tell. Anyone know more?

Astra - never seen one here in Oz so couldn't help you.

FXC - have it on the plate from memory

So I guess riggers can tell pretty easily when it was last serviced.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Well I was about to buy a second hand cypres and even though the seller accepted 3rd party inspection and told that the cypress was current , I found out that it was not current after I taked to :

Cypress' Sales Service and Support
for the western hemisphere
SSK Industries, Inc.

The seller sounded so sure that made me think whether it is possible to fake the sticker.

So I started to think that it is better to confirm the cypres' currency from the producer when bought second hand.

the unit could have been shipped directly to airtec in Germany for its service not via SSK, in which case SSK wouldn't have a record of the service.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Argus - Too early to tell. Anyone know more?

The Argus requires a mandatory check-up each four years. This functional check-up can be performed by your local rigger, if he has the right equipment (pressure chamber) and training. After this check up he/she is supposed to download the jump data and send these to Argus. In the log we can read the (mandatory) pressure chamber tests performed and at which date these took place. Anyone who wants to buy a second hand Argus (or any other reason) can check with the company if this information has been received and what the outcome was.
William

Thanks William,

will there be any kind of reference, such as a stick like Airtec whereby the rigger can easily tell if the unit has been tested or will contacting you be the only way. It is convienient to be able to see a units last service date or last battery easily.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.