skymama

Runners-How many miles do you put on your shoes?

The shoes can also give you pain from being a poor fit for your foot.

I once developed severe pain from a new pair of shoes that were my size, but just the wrong fit.

Get new shoes and more importantly get some advice on the correct fit for your foot shape.

BP
:)

i second what you said -- it might just be the shoe that is the wrong fit for your foot. That can make a world of difference. You may need different support than that shoe provides. However, i usually replace me shoes after 6 months -- and I run about 20 -25 miles a week. And then keep them around for kicking around the house shoes.

What you've described sounds exactly like the symptoms I get right about when I have to buy a new pair of running shoes. If you don't have proper cushioning, the impact of your feet hitting the ground will do damage either to your feet, ankles, shins, and/or knees.

To answer your question, I try not to go more than 400 miles on my shoes if I can help it, and that's assuming I'm running regularly. If they're in storage for any period of time, I can assume I'll get fewer miles out of them.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche