SkydiveJack

China Air 737-800 Evac at Okinawa

Looks like everybody got out OK. Those boring Exit Location cards have a purpose. People should at least look at evry exit fro their seat; it could have been dark with little or no interior lights. You know what happened?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

i wonder how many people lost some hair when that fuel cell went up. lol

Glad everyone got out ok.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Woah, that's a big drop.

What if it had been a 747??? Would he be fucked anyway? :D

IIRC they have a rope ladder just for that scenario.

Yeah, I saw what looked like one in this video, I don't think they bothered to use it in that 737 explosion! Can't say I blame them. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

IIRC they have a rope ladder just for that scenario.

I dont know about the 747 but on the 777 they have just a rope with knots in it to lower themselves. The 37 also has this rope for both the FO and CAPT. Glad everybody got on on that one. Could have been a lot worse.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

This just happened a few days ago. My wife sent this to me. She also flies these. Shit happens!

http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?token=0b8_1187619407

From another report:

"The aircraft skidded on the tarmac on its way from the runway to the gate after landing, starting a fire that prompted the emergency evacuation, according to China Airlines spokesman Sun Hung-wen."

"A plane belonging to Taiwan's China Airlines caught fire soon after landing on Japan's southern island of Okinawa on Monday, but officials said all 165 people on board had escaped safely."

-----------

It was actually a Taiwanese based airliner. Something happened post-landing, and during the taxi in.....hmmm....