Buckler

Storing rig and main/reserve

I store mine away in dark plastic totes. of course unpack both of them and shake them out before storing them. I would also recomend removing any batteries etc.... if you have them.

Place the main reserve on the bottom and container on top.

Then store them in a dark room such as a closet, stay away from basements etc unless you dont have a mosture problem there.

Hope that this assist you,

Ken.
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

You don't give any experience information. So.....

The best option is to open both canopies. Storing in something that is breathable in a temperature controlled area is best. Removing the batteries from the a cypres 1 is appropriate. Cypres II batteries are serviced at the factory.

But, if you've never handled this equipment, be careful with the reserve. Don't let it get snagged on a sharp edge on a plastic tote, don't let the lines get snagged on velcro, don't loose the safety stow when opening, don't bend the spring when trying to fit in the containter or while storing, be careful removing the cypres from the container pocket and the batteries from the case, etc, etc. If any of this sound unfamiliar or you don't know exactly what I mean it might be better to let a rigger take it apart. None of this is hard, but many jumpers don't realize how things can be damaged and what to look out for.

Other might say I'm being picky. They're right. The point is to be aware of what's going on while handling the reserve, etc.

I wouldn't charge someone to do this, others might charge a few bucks.

All that being said, your reserve is packed essentially forever except for occasional inspections. I'd problably leave mine packed. Especially if I lived in a small apartment or dorm without a lot of room and could keep it in an airconditioned place. The real exception is the cypress batteries but if they're in date they should be fine. The batteries I've heard of leaking were 3 or 4 years old. But of course any battery can leak.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE