ACMESkydiver

Washington/Idaho Locals: Help Needed For Surviving Families of Sunday's Cessna Crash

I'll include a copy of what I'm trying to get out in email (but my Outlook is *%&$ing up and it won't 'send' >:(:S)

Please forgive the mass e-mail; I’m trying to help pull resources together as quickly as possible.

Many of you have heard about the Cessna Caravan that crashed into the White Pass area Sunday night. 10 of those aboard were a part of our local skydiving community –all souls have passed on. First off, a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to those that have expressed sympathy and concern for the Washington skydiving community. Whereas I am certainly not a spokesperson for the skydiving community or the families of those that have passed on, I am ‘connected’, as one person put it, and will put my daily cyber-work to good use to try to help my friends.

Landon Atkin’s mother has asked for our help to borrow a travel trailer of some sort to house relatives coming in this week to help her. She lives in the Clearview area near Snohomish.

If anyone has a travel trailer that they would be willing to allow this family to use this week, please reply to the following email addresses: DELETED: PM ME FOR INFO

Janet [edit] is Landon’s mom's manager at work and will be the contact point for coordination. Scott C is also assisting, and I am just the distribution point of info for some that choose to use me.

ALSO: If you are able to help contribute to the families’ needs in any way –maybe picking up relatives from airports, housing, etc please let me know. I will be trying to compile a list of contact persons for each family, and what support they need.

Please keep the families of those that have gone in your prayers; they will need them.

Jaye P
‘ACMESkydiver’

RE: Help Needed: Temporary Camper/Trailer for Landon Atkin's Out-of-State Family Members
Subject: Help Needed: Temporary Camper/Trailer for Landon Atkin's Out-of-State Family Members

Dear Friends of Landon Atkin,
Landon Atkin's mother, Cindy is asking for our help. She would like a camping trailer for family members to stay in this week so Landon's family can be near her.
RESOURCE NEEDED: Camping Trailer for Landon's out-of-state family to stay in this week.
LOCATION NEEDED: City of Clearview, near Snohomish, at home of Cindy Atkin
COORDINATION CONTACT: DELETED: AGAIN, PLEASE PM ME

> On Monday morning, my Administrative Assistant , Cindy ,
> received a call that no parent ever wants to receive. Her 20 year
> old son, Landon Atkin was on the plane carrying 9 skydivers and a
> pilot that went down in the Cascades on Sunday night. I spoke to
> Cindy this morning and asked her if there was anything we could do.
> She has quite a few family members here from out of state and asked
> if there is anyone that has a camping trailer that she could borrow.
> She would like to set up a trailer in her yard so that her family
> could be near her. She lives in Clearview, which is near Snohomish.
>
> Please forward this email to people you know, so that we can help
> her in her time of need. Thanks.
>
>
> Janet [EDIT]

Please stay tuned in case any of the other families need some help as well. I will gladly help if asked, but keep in mind, I have not been asked by anyone but this one family. I did not know Landon, but I sure hope somebody local can help his mom with a travel trailer of some sort.

I am willing to drive relatives to and from airports if that would help...Scott said that he could do the same.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hey, is there any hotels near bye.If they need a room let me know i will give my credit card to ya. I am sure others would do the same if they need more rooms
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Hey, is there any hotels near bye.If they need a room let me know i will give my credit card to ya. I am sure others would do the same if they need more rooms

Lee, I don't care what the others say about you. You're an okay guy. ;):D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Nah, i stole the card from andy:D

Hey, you know my number, call me if they need a room.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Nah, i stole the card from andy:D

Hey, you know my number, call me if they need a room.

Lee you have a big heart and a great sense of humor. B|
~Jaye

Hey all another way to help the families is to send them an email of support. I just got off the phone with someone that is compiling emails from all over to forward to the families.

Again, rather than open up those email channels to intrusion from anyone wishing to send anything other than care, concern and love, I'll go ahead and forward if you want to send them to me.

Please check my profile for my home email address. I'd prefer to do it that way rather than post it here for it to become a permanently open to the public.

You can also send it to me on my dropzone.com account at [email protected].

Donations are also being accepted, as I think Krisanne noted, to The Yakima area Red Cross and search and Rescue. 'Victims of Caravan 430A' if you choose; of course it is entirely up to you.

Really I think the emails will reach the families if you send them to anyone in the WA area; however as it was pointed out earlier today, I'm the one that works on the computer so I'm always on it. Hopefully I can relieve a little of the burden off of the families and closer friends and allow them to mourn. That's why I have offered.
~Jaye