jwynne

Scarey malfunction

It can get tangled, but in this case (I'm guessing/assuming) that it was the G-load.

Wonder if its time to re-invent the brake toggle stow line?...

OLD time riggers/jumpers and those who pack tandems (at least SE) know what I mean... is a loop that goes through the cats-eye though which you lock the toggle top. Don't know how well they would help for un-stow pressures like this, but might be worth looking into for h/p canopies...

Just $.02
JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

It can get tangled, but in this case (I'm guessing/assuming) that it was the G-load.

OLD time riggers/jumpers and those who pack tandems (at least SE) know what I mean... is a loop that goes through the cats-eye though which you lock the toggle top. Don't know how well they would help for un-stow pressures like this, but might be worth looking into for h/p canopies...

Just $.02
JW

Simple. Stiffer toggles. If they won't release, they're too soft. I made my own for that very reason.

The white loop you mention will wear out too quick with HMA, Vectran, or Spectra. plus the need to pull the toggle down past the cateye on occasion will be required.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Just $.02
JW

Simple. Stiffer toggles. If they won't release, they're too soft. I made my own for that very reason.

The white loop you mention will wear out too quick with HMA, Vectran, or Spectra. plus the need to pull the toggle down past the cateye on occasion will be required.

Good points.
JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Janna, a couple of questions for you since I jump all winter in KS and N. TX.

What type of reserve handle; soft or silver?

How do you grab your handle; two hands, one hand, hook thumbs thru D?

TIA and glad you made it out of the MAL

This is one way to get around losing the cutaway pud.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I had the same toggle fire 2 jumps in a row at couch freaks this year. I have a natural tendency to grab my risers during deployment to stop a spin if one half of the canopy inflates before the other, so once the spin from the brake fire starts I use the opposite rear riser. Once you're flying relatively straight, the set toggle usually releases pretty easily.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52