PLFXpert

A "Bad Bite": Brady Barr's "Dangerous Encounter" With a Python

It is asking for it.

I love the nature shows, but some of these folks antagonize these in animals in the name of "teaching us"...they chase these animals forever, wrestle them to the ground, grab their head and stick it in the camera and say "...see".:S:|

I don't need all those theatrics to learn - that's what zoom lenses are for.

I don't know when this took place, but if was after Steve Irwin's death, this guy didn't get the memo that wild animals are just that...and aren't predictable even in the calmest of circumstances and clearest of waters.

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Since he's OK now...

I think this is a good thing.

Most people--even those in positions they love--become complacent in their jobs.

Hopefully he'll view the incident as a helpful reminder to have a little more respect for that which he is trying to help preserve.

:)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

A constrictor bite is bad enough with the nastiness it their mouths, but the first thing I thought about was the eternity of bat doo-doo he was waist-deep in. The infection would be the worst part.

Also, if it smelled that bad, I think the snake was probably irritated already considering their heightened senses in that area. Eww.
Roll Tide Roll

Hopefully he'll view the incident as a helpful reminder to have a little more respect for that which he is trying to help preserve.

He seemed more wrapped up in the theatrics than anything.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher