FireMedicJumper

So I need to learn to dance

Wow, crunch time. Try checking out some ballroom dances online. Pick 2 that you think will be simple enough to learn quickly. I don't know your area but I know over here there are a few studios you can go to learn.(almost any dance you can imagine;)) I would call around to get some rates but if you can make it into class 2-3 nights a week I'm sure you will be fine. Probably better than most.

"not all grief is bad grief, just ask Charlie Brown"

If it's ballroom dances, check out www.ballroomdancers.com under the Learn the Dances section. They have video and steps for the basic steps. It might help start you off. Live instruction is still better of course.

Aside from studios, you can also check the local colleges or YMCAs in the area. They sometimes have group classes at around $10 a session (usually an hour or hour and a half). :)

-b

Just learn disco fox and english waltz those are really easy and will probably let you survive the evening while having a lot of fun (I love to dance and I think it's horrible that in the US nearly nobody does compared to Switzerland...)

Edit: You just have to know the secret about dancing: Most women love it, most men hate it. If you're a man who knows how to dance you get EVERY chick;)