Hooknswoop

Riggers- Be Sure-Always

None. Not true.

There no ongoing certification/education requirments for riggers.

Yes, there is inititial certification requirments and currency requirments, but no ongoing certification requirments or ongoing education requirments.

Unless the FAA revokes your certificate. Someone can report a rigger to the FAA. The FAA will investigate and if found the public safety is at risk they will suspend the riggers ticket or completely revoke it.

I think we said the same thing here?

Only the FAA has any authority over riggers. I have only heard of one rigger's certificate being revoked and that was very recently.
See above about reporting. IMO only anohter rigger would know if one is performing badly or not, and since there are different methods of rigging the end result has to be evaluated to determin if a rigger has messed up. Ego's shouyld not get in the way. Also the FAA will investigate incidents if the rigger is found negligent then there could be court charges brought against him/her.
I try to contact the rigger when I find stuff like this.

Again, I think we said the same thing.?

Derek

i was assemblying a canopy the other day and had to fingertrap the toggles. i use fine wire as pictured and after assembly, could'nt find the wire. found it in the carpet behind me. next time, when done, it goes back in my box. not supporting mistakes, but fine wire can sometimes be hard to spot.

i was assemblying a canopy the other day and had to fingertrap the toggles. i use fine wire as pictured and after assembly, could'nt find the wire. found it in the carpet behind me. next time, when done, it goes back in my box. not supporting mistakes, but fine wire can sometimes be hard to spot.

I do the same thing, but have the wire attached to a large handle so it stands out. It is also about 18" long. My thoughts on tools it to make them either too big, too heavy, or with a 5-foot flag on them so they never get packed into a rig. The paddle I use for the "S" folds is about 2 1/2-feet long. It won't fit into the container.

Derek