CanuckInUSA

Questions about Islandia New York

small world i grew up in setauket

Small island, I grew up in Northport/Fort Salonga.:o

ya know i would never have passed the two of you as lawn guylanders - as i don't consider myself a typical one either :) but yes very small world/island

broke which preserve are you referring to? if you crazies are in town for turkey day - we should all grab a few brews - mcbeth that goes for you too!!!

I am all about John Harvards ;) that's in Lake grove. I could also throw together a gathering at my place
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I have lived in long island for 5 years now.

Skydive Long Island is a good dropzone, my home one as it's 20 minutes from where I currently live in LI. I regularly go there during the summer before or after work to get in a few jumps. If it's a weekend and I have to leave by 130pm to be at work, I can easily grab 3 jumps. Same goes if I show up after 3 on a weekend. If I have the day off, I've knocked out 11 jumps on one day, and only 1 was a hop and pop.

It does have a good fun jumper community, a bunch of free-flyers and some RW club guys that are there on the weekends. However there are very few wingsuiters... and one of them has a base jumping problem and might be dangerous.;)

Plus you can always jump during the week in the summer because there are always some tandems showing up to get the plane in the air... Nothing better than having a caravan to yourself with 2 tandems... AHHH sweet room to breathe....

The island sucks (IMO). Most of the population is rude, and the cost of living is high. But there is a lot to do, from dining, biking, kiteboarding and other stuff... and the city of course. I am pretty active outdoors and it is acceptable....

The hardest thing about long island is leaving it... Not because you don't want to, but because all the bridges and tunnels back up and traffic is a nightmare. So if you want to go skiing, plan on the extra bit of traffic for the drive... Same for climbing, the same for, well you get the idea...

_justin

i know john harvards very well :) i'm down for it! let's go - though let's wait till i get home first :)

So where were you when Broke and I met up there??? Damn... that would have been fun! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i know john harvards very well :) i'm down for it! let's go - though let's wait till i get home first :)

So where were you when Broke and I met up there??? Damn... that would have been fun! :P

i wasnt invited - remember:P
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

i wasnt invited - remember:P

Sorry, I put out a shout-out to any Long Islander on here. Only Broke responded... I should have asked him to round up the usual suspects and have a party. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sorry, I put out a shout-out to any Long Islander on here. Only Broke responded... I should have asked him to round up the usual suspects and have a party. [:/]

I don't jump enpough at the DZ on Long Island to know more people there. Although I did learn that people from Long Island are willing to drive a long way to hit a DZ with a really chill vibe.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192