waltappel

Another raccoon thread

Well, it's right up there with a cousin I had who would tie pieces of food to the end of a string with the other end attached to something when we were camping. Blue jays would grab the food and try to fly off with it. Yeah... Anyway, raccoons dip their food in water berfore eating.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I'm not a big fan of 20 gauge, I still prefer the old tried and trusted 12ga with 00 buck, and no choke for that kind of work.:D

Or the huggy-walt version would simply be the old rocksalt in the shell trick.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is that raccoon saying grace before he eats???:S

Nah, that's not how raccoons think. More likely, he's looking at me and thinking "What the fuck are you looking at, asshole?".

BTW, these raccoons are regulars. The smaller one on the left is Spook. The one standing is named Ty. Ty-coon, get it? LOL

Walt

"http://www.ustream.tv/channel/raccoon-cam"]clicky[/url]

Dammit, I'm addicted to raccoon-cam now!:D:D

Walt

Fascinating; While "Procol Harum" is playing they eat; As soon as "Guess Who" comes on, they run.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

***super stupid story - not that exciting - just thought i'd share***

apparently saturday night after turkey day i was out in nyc with my man and my brother - got rocked off my ass - brother went home and my lovely bf and i decided to try and cut through central park - yeah not a good idea - i have pretty much blacked out at this point - my bf told me i walked up to a trash can because i heard some noise - he walked with me - and out popped a freakin HUGE racoon - i vaguely remember seeing it - but what i do remember was that it looked like a dog it was so big... anyway i decided i wanted to pet it because it looked all sweet and soft :S i got about literally 2 inches away and he smacked my hand away and grabbed it and had to drag me away because i guess i was willing to risk rabies to pet the damn racoon:P the whole time the racoon just stood there and stared

remind me not to get drunk and attempt walking central park again - not because i might get mugged - but because i might start chasing racoons again:S:P:S;)

"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

...i walked up to a trash can because i heard some noise...and out popped a freakin HUGE racoon - i vaguely remember seeing it - but what i do remember was that it looked like a dog it was so big... anyway i decided i wanted to pet it because it looked all sweet and soft :S i got about literally 2 inches away and he smacked my hand away and grabbed it and had to drag me away because i guess i was willing to risk rabies to pet the damn racoon:P the whole time the racoon just stood there and stared

remind me not to get drunk and attempt walking central park again - not because i might get mugged - but because i might start chasing racoons again:S:P:S;)

Kenz, *you* are way smarter than that. I'm really not, but you *are*. WTF what you thinking?!!!!!!:o:o:o:o

Walt