f1freak

Any Gecko People out there?

Ok, I need help....
I normally would have researched every thing before getting a unusual pet.
BUT, yesterday I took this great little guy who would have had a uncertain future.
so now im looking online to lean at least the basics.
I had no clue their were so many different geckos out there.
So does anyone know what he is (see attatchment)
Oh, and you should have seen the look he gave me when i tried to give him a toasted muffin with butter and jam.... :D

Thanks
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Oh, and you should have seen the look he gave me when i tried to give him a toasted muffin with butter and jam.... :D

What about giving him free pie and chips?

What gecko wouldn't want free pie and chips? I mean, it's pie, with chips, for free!

:D:D:D I remember that commercial!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm not real up on Geckos, but it probably eats bugs, like crickets, that you can buy in many pet store chains.
It needs an environment with about a 60% relative humidity. It also needs things to climb on, like a stick or two, plastic plant leaves, etc. It definitely needs a source of fresh water. A large, flat water dish helps keep the humidity up in the critter's tank, too.
Any big pet store will have eveything you need, and a whole lot of stuff you won't.
It probably likes the temperature to be nice and warm. If you keep your place 70 or above during the winter, it'll be okay. If your place is regularly cooler than that, there are "hot" rocks and small heat pads, but sometimes they end up cooking the critter.
I'm sure you'll find a suitable "everything you need to know about geckos" website.
I know a bunch of folks who keep tarantulas and lots of them keep reptiles, too, so good information shouldn't be hard to find.
Zing Lurks

Can't tell for sure from the photo but it looks like a Leopard Gecko. They are from Pakistan, they eat crickets and mealworms. They need a bottom tank heatpad on one side of their enclosure so they can thermoregulate, a hidespot, and fresh water in a shallow dish. You should feed it once a week. A good indicater that the gecko needs to be fed more often is the tail - the tail should be fat (its tail is kinda like a camel's hump in that it stores nutrients to be used in case there is a dry spell on food). A thin tail indicates malnourishment.
Put up a better picture and I can probably tell you what species it is (I need to see the markings and the skin texture to tell for sure).

Edit to add do NOT use a heatrock, use an undertank heat pad. Geckos will sit on heatrocks and burn themselves (really thats a concern with all reptiles - I would never use a heatrock with any of my animals).

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Ok, I need help....
I normally would have researched every thing before getting a unusual pet.
BUT, yesterday I took this great little guy who would have had a uncertain future.
so now im looking online to lean at least the basics.
I had no clue their were so many different geckos out there.
So does anyone know what he is (see attatchment)

Thanks

[url]

Hey Travis, Lyle Presse has two of them they are a at least 4 years old that I know of. I think Zing nailed most of it for care. I believe they also liked a spot in the tank where they could "hide". And crickets were their main course, I used to have to pick some up for him when he was out of town, yuk!

When boxman got his, it was cool watching their colors change so drastically in a short time.

Good luck and tell everyone I said hello.
J