NWFlyer

Alison Krauss & Robert Plant

When I first heard they were doing a project together my response was a resounding "Huh." It just seemed like an odd pairing, and I really didn't see the synergy. But the more I hear from this album, the more brilliant it seems, and I am just completely smitten with this collaboration. It's like these two have brought out an element in each other that was heretofore undiscovered... just really cool shit. Could have something to do with the fact that T-Bone Burnett is involved.

Go take a listen. Here's some stuff that's on YouTube:

Gone Gone Gone
The Letter
Fortune Teller
Stick With Me Baby
Polly Come Home
Killing the Blues
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You take a band like Led Zepplin and it's easy to recal that Jimmy Page was one of the best guitarists of all time and John Bonham was one of the best Drummers (if not the absolute best) of all time, it becomes easy to forget that Robert Plant was one of the best vocalists. Not a lot of people expect to hear that but if you talk to the ones that know vocals and the dynamics of it, there are few people out there that can match what Robert Plant is capable of.

Allison Krauss is incredibly talented herself. Pretty cool to see two generations come together like that.

On a side note, I'm drinking a lot and updating my website, so I'm not sure what I have to offer the world right now and it's kind of making me depressed.
Ben Lee
www.CollegeSkydiving.com

Thanks for putting this up, because I was doing "huh" thing too when I heard they did a CD.
And wouldn't have bothered with it...and look what I would've missed.
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson