LisaM

Appointments at the Car Dealer

Does 11:30 really just mean drop your car off then and we'll get to it whenever????

I would have thought it meant they would take my car at 11:30. Here it is nearly 1 and they only have argued with me about my first free oil change and the car still sits outside.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Ah, yes. At MY car dealer, you could get the car in fairly close to your appointment time, but you would have to be prepared for them to come back with a list of repairs that you "need," which they would go over with you soberly, and then they would announce that the additional work will cost twice the amount of the work you requested in the first place. So, after politely declining to allow them to flush the whatchamacallit, or to undertake whatever proposed repair of the day, they would march off, complete the authorized work, and return the car to you. About a mile away from the dealer, you would discover what it is that they forgot to reassemble, or what new problem was caused when they did X . . . anything that will be time-consuming, inconvenient and expensive. Oh, and for any car dealers that care, providing a rental car while mine is being fixed yet again does NOT mean that I'm a satisfied customer.

I'm really sorry. I hate dealing with the service department.
TPM Sister #102

I looked a while ago and the service area had 1 car in it. It now has about 5 and I have seen no one come in. ARGH!

If he would have been honest why he encouraged me to take the shuttle, I would have taken the damn shuttle. But nooooooo.......

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

"I really don't know".

They provide a shuttle. I got 1 1/2 hours til the next shuttle.

I am at least working best I can from here on my laptop.... but I'm annoyed he didn't just say "oh we won't even look at your car for 2 hours".....

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I want to go out there and ask if there is a reason they haven't pulled my car in even though my appointment was nearly 2 hours ago.

But I'm not comfy enough to do that... maybe it's supposed to be common knowledge.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Go for it! You can ask politely, but it might nudge someone to check on it. At least you can be sure that they realize a customer is waiting in the waiting area for the car, rather than having left so they can get to it "whenever."
TPM Sister #102

Oh they know I'm here. ;)

Ok so I asked him if there was a reason it hasn't been looked at even though my appointment was 2 hours. Ago. "Yours is the next one in line"

Of course it is.

Just as soon as I have a technician. I guess it's like a doctor's office.

I also said I thought the point of an appointment was when you were to have your car looked at. He just shrugged.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Depends on the commitment. At the dealer I sometimes go to they're very specific. "Would you like to drop it off or would you like to wait?" Drop-off appointments are much less specific times.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As long as you're at the dealership with a laptop, you could write a letter directly to the service manager. That might get more attention than an anonymous survey.

Awesome idea. Doing that right now!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

As long as you're at the dealership with a laptop, you could write a letter directly to the service manager. That might get more attention than an anonymous survey.

Send it snail mail...tell you're STILL waiting in the lobby! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

They aren't specific at all. I told them flat out I wanted to wait til they looked at it. For all I know the check engine light is something like "you aren't putting the gas cap on tight enough" and I don't want to have to make another special trip.

>:(

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I use Volkswagen at Santa Monica, their service couldn't be better, by far the best I've had bar non. Last time the bill came in way less than estimated and it was done quicker than I expected. Treated like royalty.
Which I dont suppose you wanna hear right now. hope it gets better for you. :P

I have to say that is not common for any VW dealership I've gone to. I finally gave up and found a good local VW mechanic. Just brought it in on Wed and he was awesome.

He told the sales supervisor who was walking by. The shuttle leaves in 15 minutes and I have to be on it to get home to go get my kid.

Man.......

Next time at least I know better like to ask "are you going to bother looking at it today?"

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?