novacaine

Blind date horror stories!!

Why's that?

I'm sure that at this very moment there are legions of angry women who are forming a lynch mob and burning you in effigy.

"How dare that bastard refer to *any* woman as a whore?!!!"

"Can you believe that son of a bitch had the gall to mention that poor girl's weight as if it were the defining characteristic of her entire being?!!!"

"Let's lynch the fucker!!!!"

Be afraid. Be *very* afraid.

Walt

Oh yeah, I'm not questioning that, but not from a guy as skinny as me. I like my body in one piece. :P

Edit: And in high school, are you honestly telling me you would have kept that up after getting set up by an ex? And that your social life would still be intact after?

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Why's that?

I'm sure that at this very moment there are legions of angry women who are forming a lynch mob and burning you in effigy.

Nah, we should be sympathetic since he apparently has to pay for it. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why's that?

So mean. :P

No, to be honest I just have no problem calling people as they are. I'll call an angel an angel, and a whore a whore. I have no remorse in that regard, and no problem defending it. People must accept what they are, and I'm a critic of human nature.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

This is what we refer to in the bonfire as a "popcorn moment". It's one of those moments in life that practically *demand* that those of us who love to watch chaos and destruction from the sidelines pull up a lawnchair or two, get out some popcorn and watch the fun!

Walt

Why's that?

We all pay for it one way or another - it's all about "point of view" and "Cost Average"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why's that?

We all pay for it one way or another - it's all about "point of view" and "Cost Average"

Wow, well said.

This is what we refer to in the bonfire as a "popcorn moment". It's one of those moments in life that practically *demand* that those of us who love to watch chaos and destruction from the sidelines pull up a lawnchair or two, get out some popcorn and watch the fun!

Walt

I would've been content to leave well enough alone until all this nonsense about being a critic of human nature came up. Walt, you need time to make another trip to the microwave, or shall I begin? ;)
TPM Sister #102

Walt

I would've been content to leave well enough alone until all this nonsense about being a critic of human nature came up. Walt, you need time to make another trip to the microwave, or shall I begin? ;)

I'll do it. Would you like butter and/or salt? How about a cool, refreshing beverage too?

Walt

:D

A refreshing beverage would be nice . . . keep me hydrated for the duration.

Will do!

I'm sensing a quite before the storm. This would be a good time to stock up on food and beverages.

While, we do that, I'm going to think of ways to prompt him to say that it is ok for men to have many sex partners but if a woman does the same, she is a whore.

After he says that, I'll try and lead him down the path of using the term, "fat chick"!

Walt

Will do!

I'm sensing a quite before the storm. This would be a good time to stock up on food and beverages.

While, we do that, I'm going to think of ways to prompt him to say that it is ok for men to have many sex partners but if a woman does the same, she is a whore.

After he says that, I'll try and lead him down the path of using the term, "fat chick"!

Walt

She's not a "Fat Chick" - get him to say weight challenged - the PC terms really piss them off more than they realise.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Will do!

Walt

I would say get a life, but that might actually encourage you. So I'll just lay it out straight right here and now.

I called her a whore because I wouldn't have disrespected her that much. She chose to do it to me. Therefore, whore. Are you going to tell me that commenting on human nature is reserved for "spotless" characters? Because if that's the case, there would be no commentary on human nature. Nobody's that spotless.

Will do!

Walt

She's not a "Fat Chick" - get him to say weight challenged - the PC terms really piss them off more than they realise.

I think there's a little bit of confusion as to what's happening here. The weight challenged chick, as you so eloquently phrased it, was not the whore. She was an innocent victim of the malevolent nature of her friend, and my former g/f, who was... a whore.

Will do!

Walt

I think there's a little bit of confusion as to what's happening here. The weight challenged chick, as you so eloquently phrased it, was not the whore. She was an innocent victim of the malevolent nature of her friend, and my former g/f, who was... a whore.

Maybe you can get a t-shirt

I would say get a life, but that might actually encourage you. So I'll just lay it out straight right here and now.

I called her a whore because I wouldn't have disrespected her that much. She chose to do it to me. Therefore, whore. Are you going to tell me that commenting on human nature is reserved for "spotless" characters? Because if that's the case, there would be no commentary on human nature. Nobody's that spotless.

It's not about having spotless character, it's about the hypocrisy that exists in our culture. If a guy has a bunch of sex partners it may or may not be considered good by societal standards but if a woman has more than a few sex partners she is labelled a whore.

Many of the women here find that more than slightly annoying.

As for the fat chick thing, it's just a big sore spot for a lot of women.

I can call a guy a fat fuck and it will often be considered funny. Call a woman a fat chick and them's fighting words!

Walt

No... I think he's following the story line, he's just trying to set you up by using both the "whore" term and "fat" to get you flamed by as many as possible.

Don't worry, most knew what you were saying.

And... it was nice of you to continue to go to the dance with the innocent bystander in that battle, I just wish that you could have gotten to actually know her as a person and not see her as a way to destroy your social standing... but as you said, in high school things can be different.

Hope your luck with women has changed. :)