ACMESkydiver

Fitness Freaks! Post For February 1st-February 7th

Hi all! How goes it? :)
Yesterday time got away from me and I only got 13 minutes of climbing in on the treadmill. Yeah, I know...hardly worth suiting up for, but it's the habit that's important.

I started the toughest 'kick-off' phase of my diet again yesterday. Consists of 7 blended protein shakes and about the same amount of water per day plus all of my vitamins. That's the first 3 days, then of course you transition back to adding in dinner. I need to get off of this damn plateau that I've been on for weeks. >:(

How is everyone else doing? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

This cursed weather has been keeping me in for days. :( Was gonna go today - snow or no snow, but my garage door is barricaded. [unsure]

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

This cursed weather has been keeping me in for days. :( Was gonna go today - snow or no snow, but my garage door is barricaded. [unsure]

I have exercise books/videos for my 'in-home' workouts that work great; you might want to look at ordering a few. They really keep you going when getting to the gym isn't feasible.
~Jaye

lol, well good news is... I went running in the frigid cold last night, and it felt fantastic!!!! I just need to get some face protection for myself. I still haven't bought myself a stopwatch, but i'm working on that. I ended up NOT working out Monday or Tuesday, and my wednesday workout wasn't the best, but that's okay. Unfortunately, last saturday night, I pulled my right side of my groin muscle. It hurts a lot, if i don't stretch it out before I do anything, and 1/2 the time i forget to stretch it out before i'm doing anything active. This week is pretty low key. Tonight, I might go for a short crosscountry trail ride, but i might now, since there is a afternoon jazz festival going on downtown that a bunch of us are going to. Tomorrow, I am thinking about going downhill skiing, but i'm sorta afraid about my muscle pull, sunday I have 2 soccer games. Monday I'll probably go running, tuesday I have bellydancing class, wednesday and thursday I have curling, so I'll probably end up running monday, wednesday and thursday. Hopefully my muscle will feel better! :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Congrats on getting dressed up for the workout!!! That's truly a difficult thing to do!!

and it sounds like you're motivated to pull the diet off. Hang in there... 3 days will fly by!!! :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Tonight, I might go for a short crosscountry trail ride, but i might now, since there is a afternoon jazz festival going on downtown that a bunch of us are going to.

There ya go! Dancing is great exercise. B|

Sorry about your pulled muscle! That can really louse up a good exercise habit...[:/] Heal quickly.
~Jaye

I have exercise books/videos for my 'in-home' workouts that work great; you might want to look at ordering a few. They really keep you going when getting to the gym isn't feasible.
How about you hopping on a plane & coming over to help me shovel this shit since you like snow so much? Bring with ya too! :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

How about you hopping on a plane & coming over to help me shovel this shit since you like snow so much? Bring with ya too! :)

I wish...:P
~Jaye

lol, well good news is... I went running in the frigid cold last night, and it felt fantastic!!!! I just need to get some face protection for myself. I still haven't bought myself a stopwatch, but i'm working on that. I ended up NOT working out Monday or Tuesday, and my wednesday workout wasn't the best, but that's okay. Unfortunately, last saturday night, I pulled my right side of my groin muscle. It hurts a lot, if i don't stretch it out before I do anything, and 1/2 the time i forget to stretch it out before i'm doing anything active. This week is pretty low key. Tonight, I might go for a short crosscountry trail ride, but i might now, since there is a afternoon jazz festival going on downtown that a bunch of us are going to. Tomorrow, I am thinking about going downhill skiing, but i'm sorta afraid about my muscle pull, sunday I have 2 soccer games. Monday I'll probably go running, tuesday I have bellydancing class, wednesday and thursday I have curling, so I'll probably end up running monday, wednesday and thursday. Hopefully my muscle will feel better! :)
Change of plans... looks like i'm curling in a competition tomorrow outside in downtown Anchorage instead of downhill skiing... Probably better for my leg anyway!!! Then i'll go for a nice run in the afternoon too!!!
CReW Skies,
bubbles

I thought of you yesterday when we were watching an episode of one of my daughter's favorite shows: Cash Cab!! :D

The question was something like, "Which winter sport uses a broom?" I was all, 'Curling! CURLING!! CURLING FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!'

They got it wrong. They said 'hockey'. :S:D

~Jaye

I started running 3 weeks ago. Saturday it will be 4 weeks. I have run 12.22 miles so far this week (I still have tomorrow to run too). Yay!! Sunday starts a new week.

My butt looks great!!:$ Love this running thing!

Awright! I'm proud of you, Bobbi! Running is supposed to be difficult to make a habit, but have great fitness benefits. :)
I can only do very short stints running still -I am still too heavy and I think I'd injure joints trying to run with this much freaking weight on me. :ph34r: I had a hard time running when I weighed 133...and I am a lot LOT more than that at the moment. :$

Another 20 pounds and I'll be going for it, too!

I'm all for getting a great butt, too. That helps the people that are running behind you. ;):D
~Jaye

I thought of you yesterday when we were watching an episode of one of my daughter's favorite shows: Cash Cab!! :D

The question was something like, "Which winter sport uses a broom?" I was all, 'Curling! CURLING!! CURLING FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!'

They got it wrong. They said 'hockey'. :S:D

TOTALLY CURLING!!!!!!!! heeheee.... I will admit, that i knew absolutely NOTHING about it before october... now... it's so much fun, and it really is a hard workout (especially if you only are playing with 3 people on a team). It doesn't even feel like a workout though.

I would have got that question right :D:ph34r::D

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Hi all! How goes it? :)
Yesterday time got away from me and I only got 13 minutes of climbing in on the treadmill. Yeah, I know...hardly worth suiting up for, but it's the habit that's important.

I started the toughest 'kick-off' phase of my diet again yesterday. Consists of 7 blended protein shakes and about the same amount of water per day plus all of my vitamins. That's the first 3 days, then of course you transition back to adding in dinner. I need to get off of this damn plateau that I've been on for weeks. >:(

How is everyone else doing? :)

Ha.....am i the only real fitness freak...i go everyday to the gym for two hours, i do 15 minutes of running on a tred, and then all weight lifting, one day out of the week i work on my legs!!!
Wanna Hug It Out, Lets Hug It Out..Bitch!

Ha.....am i the only real fitness freak...i go everyday to the gym for two hours, i do 15 minutes of running on a tred, and then all weight lifting, one day out of the week i work on my legs!!!

No. The fitness king has not checked in yet. ;) I expect MrFF will be along shortly...B|:ph34r:

Nice routine, though! I'd like to work up to 2 hours daily -it's just fitting it in that's tough sometimes.

But as everyone knows...it's all about how you prioritize your life. Health seems to be up there for you, so congrats!
~Jaye

No. The fitness king has not checked in yet. ;) I expect MrFF will be along shortly...B|:ph34r:

Nice routine, though! I'd like to work up to 2 hours daily -it's just fitting it in that's tough sometimes.

But as everyone knows...it's all about how you prioritize your life. Health seems to be up there for you, so congrats!

Lmfao....i knew there must have been someone that way more hardcore then me!!!

It is tough fitting it in & it's even tougher to start at it again once you've had two or three months off!!!

Well it isn't the top thing on my list but it's up there!!

Plus even doing 30 minutes of cardio everyday does work, you don't have to spend 2 hours on a tread-mill or at the gym.........plus eating healthy helps too....:P
Wanna Hug It Out, Lets Hug It Out..Bitch!

I've been managing to avoid the scale during my weekly sessions with the trainer, but he tricked me into going into the "scale room" the other night. [:/]
He wasn't happy. I haven't dropped the extra holiday weight yet- my bad .........

I'm not going to go anywhere near as extreme as you, but it is time to start watching the carbs and getting more protien.

The workouts are going well, but I AM bad on the weekends about not working out and over indulging.

I started the toughest 'kick-off' phase of my diet again yesterday. Consists of 7 blended protein shakes and about the same amount of water per day plus all of my vitamins. That's the first 3 days, then of course you transition back to adding in dinner.

I have been making shakes with GNC - Whey Protein Supplement:

1. 2 Scoops Whey Protein (Chocolate, Strawberry, or Vanilla)

2. 1/2 Banana

3. 1 Cup Fruit

4. 1 Cup Skim Milk
And shakes with Natures Way - Alive Whole Food Energizer Ultra Shake Supplement:

1. 1 Scoop Alive Whole Food Energizer Ultra Shake (Vanilla)

2. 1/2 Banana

3. 1 Cup Yogurt

4. 1 Cup Orange Juice
What kind of blended protein shakes are you having?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Been sick for the last few days, so I can't swim, can't run, but I've been working on situps, because my form kind of sucks, and that won't cut it for Basic.

On the plus side, I'm about to turn the page and recover by the end of the weekend, and my name is now officially on a Coast Guard contract.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Hey that's great!!! Fantastic!!! Sorry to hear about the sickness, but glad to hear that you're recovering!!! :)

CReW SKies,
bubbles

What kind of blended protein shakes are you having?

I can't say in the forums. Breaks the rules. B| I'll send you a PM.

-It is a very closely-guarded secretive government sponsored super protein drink that's top secret. ;)
~Jaye

I've been managing to avoid the scale during my weekly sessions with the trainer, but he tricked me into going into the "scale room" the other night. [:/]

Dang it! That butt-head! >:(:P

Yeah...but it's good to have someone right there to hold you accountable to your own stated goals. Even if they gut-shot ya now and then! :o:ph34r:
~Jaye

It's been a good week. Cardio workouts Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday morning. Getting things ready last night I said to myself... "I want to workout again tomorrow morning." I think this morning workout thing is starting to become something I prefer to "regular" mornings. :o So I did a cardio and strength workout this morning. This has been an amazingly topsy-turvy drama-filled week at work and the fact that I've kept up with my workouts has really helped channel a lot of the crazy energy in a positive direction. B|

I think I'm down around 20 lbs total since mid-December (not the official doctor's office tally but my own rough tally). I feel amazing. And I'm in danger of getting back into my old jumpsuit by the summer boogie season.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke