ripcord4

Extra-large harness & container

I am looking for a modern harness & container (with the exception of the MT-1XX and MC-4 types) that will hold a sleeve-deployed SET-10 canopy. Any ideas/suggestions? Please leave the discussion of my sanity for another time - I seriously need to know this.

Thank you!

Can you put it in a tandem container for the (hopefully) one jump? Or are you looking for a permanent rig. Also, are you set on a SET-10? Or just looking for a round jump. I've jumped a Phantom 28 in a bag as a main out of my sport rig. Also, are you set on a sleeve? If so, why? Just wondering.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I thought about a tandem container, but I would like to keep the rig as light/small as possible. Tandem rigs are the same size as the MC-4. This will be a permanent set-up. I jump rounds all the time, several per month. A SET-10 is much friendlier to a free-faller. An MC-1C is a REAL snot-knocker at terminal - dangerously so. Sleeves are easier to pack but are bulkier. I don't think there is a bag or POD out there to hold a canopy that size.

MC-1D open at 150 (+or-) mph daily here and no one complains about 'em (more so than normal).

Ted Strong can hook you up, I think I saw some thing in his trailer a few years ago that is what your looking for. A quasar with squar reserve and round main. It was probably a Set-10, just guessing.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Matthew, I have never jumped an MC-1D. I have taken an MC-1C to terminal twice and I will never do it again. I was sore literally for 3 days. A -1C opens HARD, even on a static line jump compared to a T-10, a -1B or a SET-10. I say again, at terminal, a -1C is dangerous.

I've edited this to thank you for the info about Ted Strong. I'll see if I can contact him.

No doubt hard openings are "normal" on the MC series parachutes. After all we are talking 500' exits in "real use" at 135 to 150 knots (normally close to 150 in combat).

The newer MC-1D seams to address this and opens better, but still stiff.

What about borrowing from history and putting the old "loops and rings" (I think thats the name or some thing like that) on and helping out the openning?

Matt

"I am not here to argue, only to learn, as I am a higly rated student."