VincentVL.

Aeroflot - Europe to Tokyo

I'm going to Japan in a couple if weeks. I can get a ticket with Aeroflot, pride of the Russian skies for 650€ whereas a BA ticket will set me back 900€.

My biggest concern is that the 650€ deal involves me being stranded in some Russian airport I've never heard of, for an entire day. I'm not an experienced traveller and I sure as hell don't speak any Russian. I'm also a bit of a sissy in planes and I'm skeptical towards the safety standards of this company.

Anybody have any advice. 250€ is plenty of money to spend on Sushi, Ryokan stays, etc. :(

Be sure to check that your transit Visas are in order. Aeroflot is famous for their shitty book keeping and failure to inform their clients. I had two friends who got stranded in Moscow, detained in a holding facility and deported (back) to the US because Aeroflot told them they wouldn't need a Visa to cross within the airport for their connector to India.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Be sure to check that your transit Visas are in order. Aeroflot is famous for their shitty book keeping and failure to inform their clients. I had two friends who got stranded in Moscow, detained in a holding facility and deported (back) to the US because Aeroflot told them they wouldn't need a Visa to cross within the airport for their connector to India.

Nice advice. Any more?

I must say I'm tempted to fly with them. But the Russian transit and rumours of lousy groundservice by Aeroflot scares me. So I'll probably cough up the dough.

Nice advice. Any more?

I must say I'm tempted to fly with them. But the Russian transit and rumours of lousy groundservice by Aeroflot scares me. So I'll probably cough up the dough.

You just have to be smarter than a russian airline desk jockey, which isn't too difficult.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher