MagicGuy

MP4 Converter for Mac

Yes. But i have been told off before for saying it in the forums.

It is the best i have ever used and i have used alot!
It is called 'xilsoft dvd to ipod convertor.'

It is excellent and has so many different uses.

Seriously, I have not found anything better nor anything with an easier interface.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Anyone know of a video converter, for a Mac, that will convert mpgs, .wmvs etc into .mp4 format so I can upload onto an iPod?

On a similar note, have you ever tried converting MP4 to MP3, I can only find the songs I look for with Itunes but the hard drive in my car can only take MP3.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

On a similar note, have you ever tried converting MP4 to MP3, I can only find the songs I look for with Itunes but the hard drive in my car can only take MP3.

If they are FairPlay DRMed files (i.e. 128 kbs ACC purchased from iTunes Music Store) the easiest way is to burn an audio disc with iTunes, and then reimport the files as .mp3. The same method works with iTunes Plus files (i.e. 192 kbs AAC), but a conversion app for your particular OS can save you some CD±R discs.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

If they are FairPlay DRMed files (i.e. 128 kbs ACC purchased from iTunes Music Store) the easiest way is to burn an audio disc with iTunes, and then reimport the files as .mp3. The same method works with iTunes Plus files (i.e. 192 kbs AAC), but a conversion app for your particular OS can save you some CD±R discs.

I'll give that a shot, thanks. You know I think I may be able to save them from the CD to my car's hard drive. That's really all I wanted to do was play em in my car without having to buy an Ipod.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Anyone know of a video converter, for a Mac, that will convert mpgs, .wmvs etc into .mp4 format so I can upload onto an iPod?

Oh.. free software programs are AWESOME B|

Thanks!

Handbrake is a pretty highly regarded piece of code for many things Mac/Video related. They just released an update I believe.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Handbrake is a pretty highly regarded piece of code for many things Mac/Video related. They just released an update I believe.

Thanks for the tip about the update.

Handbrake is great; I use it fairly often. I'm pretty sure it only converts from DVD like sources, though, and won't convert from .wmv, .avi, etc; as the OP requires.

FairPlay DRMed files (i.e. 128 kbs ACC purchased from iTunes Music Store)

That should be AAC (for Advanced Audio Coding), not ACC.

Also, iTunes Plus tracks are 256 kbs files, not 192 kbs as I previously posted.

Sorry for any confusion.