Lindsey

Pit Bull (again)

My son "rescued" a little pit bull that was chained up under an old shack (not a house...nobody lives there) on the edge of town. He's probably a little less than a year old. A sweet, but scared (and that bothers me), little dog. He's a little hungry, but not emaciated by any means. Beautiful little guy. Anyway, I can't quite tell my son to take the dog back to where he got it. I figure he was gonna be turned into a fighting dog.

Can't figure out what I'm gonna do with this dog now. I've spent time with and trained dogs before. I suppose I could make the time....but it's not my first choice. I wonder how hard it would be to find a good home for this little guy. Suggestions?

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

My son "rescued" a little pit bull that was chained up under an old shack (not a house...nobody lives there) on the edge of town. He's probably a little less than a year old. A sweet, but scared (and that bothers me), little dog. He's a little hungry, but not emaciated by any means. Beautiful little guy. Anyway, I can't quite tell my son to take the dog back to where he got it. I figure he was gonna be turned into a fighting dog.

Can't figure out what I'm gonna do with this dog now. I've spent time with and trained dogs before. I suppose I could make the time....but it's not my first choice. I wonder how hard it would be to find a good home for this little guy. Suggestions?

linz

Scared shouldn't bother you. That's normal for a dog left alone like that.

I'd see if there are any dog rescue places near you. They might take him in.

Good luck! You're a good person for looking for a home for the little guy.

:)
'Shell

My son "rescued" a little pit bull that was chained up...He's probably a little less than a year old...I've spent time with and trained dogs before. I suppose I could make the time

Yes. :)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

with the right training time love and care a pit bull is a wonderfull family dog

mine is 10 years old now and is just the most lovable dog ever..

Need another one?
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail