Ashkit

Not being able to skydive sucks! UGH! Help!

Last year I injured my back, then through physical therapy, rest and injections I recovered about 90% pain free, maybe stiff in the am then fine. Now after putting in extra hours in the office I am back to hardly being able to walk without tremendous pain... Yesterday the dz called me and said come on out perfect conditions and I actually thought for a minute of just doing it and then reality kicked in that I could injure myself further or have difficulty reacting properly to any malfunctions if I suddenly had extreme pain so I didn't go. But I was so sad and frustrated all night and still today I am resentful... ugh..
It's hard to accept and I fear that it may cause me to stop all together someday. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!
Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!

What a crap!!!!

Just hang in there and let the healing take the time needed. It's better to wait a while than have to give it up due to an injury that is worsend......

It's hard to be patient I know.... Did some stupd shit one day before I had knee surgery... Yes I went ahead and did a couple of jumps thinking "what the heck, I'm having surgery tomorrow any way" I didn't consider the fact that If I had hurt my knee on that day they wouldn't have been able to do the procedure due to swollen tissue.

Let the healing be done!!!! Even if it sucks big time.... :S

(pardon my bad spelling and grammar):$

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Hey Ashkit -

I feel your pain; I couldn't jump at all last summer because I injured my shoulder practicing PLFs. Very bad idea to hang from the strut when your not sure if your shoulder will prevent you from pulling. I remember feeling the same way about my injury: resentful, and kind-of hopeless.

I really hope you start feeling better soon (maybe go get a massage or two?), but in the meantime, it will probably do your spirits a world of good to just go hang out with your friends at the DZ.

Best of fortune to you (I don't believe in luck. :)
Gato

T.I.N.S.