Shotgun

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (the book)

Wow, I just finished this book, and I think it is now one of my favorite books that I've ever read. He is such a great writer that I felt like I personally knew all of the characters and that I was right there with them throughout their journeys. I can't even remember the last time I was that absorbed in a book - maybe about 20 years ago when I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Anyone else love this book?

I've read it 3 times. It's not the genre I usually read but I picked it up the first time because it was a good, long book and I was looking for one of those. I read it the second time thinking I might pick up more nuance. I read it the third time just because it was so damned good.
Owned by Remi #?

I have not read the book yet,
I have seen the miniseries.

Directed by Simon Wincer. With Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover.

It is so good IMneverHO that I watched it twice.
It claims to be faithful to the book.

The book is on me wish list.

PULL!
jumpin_Jan
"Dangerous toys are fun but ya could get hurt" -- Vash The Stampede

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT BOOK! Lonesome Dove is my most FAVORITE BOOK I EVER READ! Have you seen the miniseries with Robert Duvall as Gus, Tommy Lee Jones as Cap. Call, Diane Lane as Lori and Ricky Schroeder as Nute? Stays true to the book and is an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME series!! I highly recommend it! :)

"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Even though James' politics in his music doesn't jive with me, I still enjoy his music. Choctaw Bingo has to be my favorite song if for no other reason it reminds me of where I grew up...sadly enough.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I listened to some of James's music last night. The political stuff did stand out, but I liked the music a lot.

And I haven't seen the movie, but I remember when it was on TV (a long time ago!). I'm sort of glad I didn't know who played the characters while I was reading the book, because that left it up to my imagination. (I remember when I read Interview with the Vampire, I couldn't picture Lestat and Louis as anyone other than Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, since I had already seen the movie.) But I'd like to see the movie now.