banesanura

Taking a break.....

So...I've fallen behind and I am no longer current- Which breaks my heart. I was supposed to meet my gator buddy at SDC this weekend- but did make it. (I couldn't jump)

I just registered for school that starts back up on Aug 20. I am enrolled for 5 classes on top of my full time job- on top of the ProDom gig- on top of a web project to "Celebrate Diversity" (with the intent on educating and inspiring masses to break out of social gender roles that deter individual growth). I have a shit ton on my plate and will be absent from the sky for a bit.

Wanted to thank all of you for advice, compassion, rebuttals, smart ass remarks and understanding....

I wish everyone the best in their endevours and hope I cross paths with all of you- in the sky.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

Good luck! No big deal. A lot of people take a break from the sport. I am currently on a break myself. There a many reasons why people leave for a bit. Looks like your schedule is for for the time. Kick back, clean your plate a little and see ya sometime later.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Good luck! No big deal. A lot of people take a break from the sport. I am currently on a break myself. There a many reasons why people leave for a bit. Looks like your schedule is for for the time. Kick back, clean your plate a little and see ya sometime later.

Having more important things to do is a better (more temporary and finite) reason than having broken parts that get in the way of jumping or landing.

I will miss your posts! I found your thoughts and ideas to be, well, interesting and most entertaining! I think you should be a professional writer some day! Good luck with all you do!
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

So...I've fallen behind and I am no longer current- Which breaks my heart. I was supposed to meet my gator buddy at SDC this weekend- but did make it. (I couldn't jump)

I just registered for school that starts back up on Aug 20. I am enrolled for 5 classes on top of my full time job- on top of the ProDom gig- on top of a web project to "Celebrate Diversity" (with the intent on educating and inspiring masses to break out of social gender roles that deter individual growth). I have a shit ton on my plate and will be absent from the sky for a bit.

Wanted to thank all of you for advice, compassion, rebuttals, smart ass remarks and understanding....

I wish everyone the best in their endevours and hope I cross paths with all of you- in the sky.

Girl, I am in the same boat...and after the last time I jumped while in school....time and money consuming. Two things I have very little of right now. And as several people on here told me and several friends...The sky will be there waiting for you...:)

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I will miss your posts! I found your thoughts and ideas to be, well, interesting and most entertaining! I think you should be a professional writer some day! Good luck with all you do!

That is so sweet! Thank you! I just like to understand people and society. (I find writing and expressing it, through which ever medium necessary, essential for my own social development and identity)

I believe that if ANY one wrote a book about their live's it would sell- people are just curious how others live and how they develop to become the person to tell the story...
Best Girl Scout Ever.

Taking a break from jumping doesn't mean you have to take a break from DZ.com! It's a great way to keep in touch with your sky-friends.

what she said.I havent jumped in almost 4yrs due to various life reasons...money,school,health etc. but I keep in touch with my skydiving friends via dz.com.So dont go away completely! just b/c you take a break from the sky doesnt mean your sky buddies arent still here for ya.Besides, it keeps you in touch with the community in a way so that its like you're still going to the dz and hanging out(or to me it does).

Either way best of luck with all you have going on.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

THAT's why you called. I tried calling you back but your phone must be off.

Now you know how I feel. I pretty much work 3 jobs and have to squeeze in a chance to jump every other week. Sometimes I only get one jump in every few weeks or so, but right now is such a hard time.

I'm here if you need a friend, as we all are.
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

Yeah I heard about your solo jump? How did that go?

I have a photoshoot scheduled sunday for the new dungeon I am working out of- its a mistress owned lifestyle dungeon and I pretty much get to dictate my hours/clients/rate etc. I am pretty stoked......

Excited!!!!!
Best Girl Scout Ever.

You're leaving just when I'm getting back in The Bonfire? Dang... [:/]:P

This place ain't going nowhere. Just get your priorities in order and come back when you can. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If any one is in the chicago area- I'd be happy to schedule some time to show you into my world. Right now its crunch time- with me trying pay off this semesters tuition- and the student loan. A weekend at the dz isn't an option with the prices of gas, time, etc.

However- I have to get everything set up still. Working with advertising agencies, photoshoots, appointments, new gear and what not.

Who knows....maybe dz.com MIGHT have a banner ad of me running.....gotta see how much CPC is or impressions.... hahaha

Or I can always get a google ad

and make the landing site: skydiversinpain.com hahahahahha:D

Best Girl Scout Ever.

It went real well. Sandy said she had trouble keeping up with me on my tracking, but then again I weigh twice as much as her. There really wasn't anything major that needed attention, smooth turns, transitions, and a clean pull. The last few jumps I've been rotating when I pull, but I fixed it. It was a beautiful sunset dive. I think those are my favorite. Plus you can drink beer right after :D
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

It sucks to see young people getting pushed out of the sport, or anybody for that matter. But I understand that everybody has stuff they gotta do. I guess I'm one of the lucky few, no job, no school (yet), have all my time and most of my money to dedicate to skydiving. I just hope that once I do start school I won't slack on my skydiving. And hey you're in Chicago, with the weather the way its been there'll be a tornado soon, just go catch it and hop a ride. :P

btw, if I ever decide I wanna get my nuts kicked into my throat I'll look you up. ;)