ThirdWorldMedic

Isa MT-1XX rig good for a newbie?

Agree, and it still takes some getting use too from doing alot of those hollywood jumps then strapping a ruck on adds to the realism of the ruck taking you for a ride. Thats when I have to remember think and act big...hahahaha.

Added to this if I were to pro pack this big boy my arms would be tired at the end of day. Just too much material to have to control and still get the rig packed for the next jump.

I would suggest as it was already discused that you get your Lic and soem fun jumps and if/ when you do get a hold of a MT1.. that you seek a qualified instructor and practice like a level one AFF (checking your handles).....

Just my two cents;);)
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

Yes - I agree with your assessments. I was going to take the training slow and easy. Been checking out AFF/Tandem course packages here in Western WA. (get started soon as the monsoons subside) Maybe put in 50 or so jumps, (or discretion of the instructor) before tackling the animal you mentioned. Was in hi rise/commercial/framing construction for 19 years, take safety pretty seriously.

contact richland skysports they put me out on static line on one.I was about 279 then ,the flare was a little on the slow side compared to my falcon but the openings were a hell of a lot better im thinking of learning to flat pack. the few times it was flat packed seemed to open less brisk anyone have any ideas why that might be.From the west side were about 3-4 hours depending on where you live.If your closer to portland get ahold of Ted mayfield he will put you out on one also.

Once you have done 50 or so sport jumps and earned at least a B license, seriously reconsider your medical mission.
I would seriously consider doing it the way Canadian Search and Rescue Technicians do: freefall jumps from civilian Cessnas (because they are inexpensive) to maintain currency, but do operational jumps with static-line. S/L helps elimnate most stability issues with a rucksack.

Hi Sparky,

Actually Ted goes to great lengths these days to stay out of jail. Ben there, done that too many times.

Last year he was elected to the Sheridan, OR City Council. Who says you cannot be rehabilitated?

He also got married again last year, at 68. Man is a true optimist.

He always was a smooth talker. :P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals