bigway

USD advice

Does anyone here know anything about the USD forecast?

It went up against every other currency last week in a massive way that affects me in the thousands.

What I am interested in is if anyone is an 'expert' in the Forex and has any advice as to if it will continue going up and i should cut my losses or if it will drop a bit again.
the .13cents it went up by in just under a week last week has cost me a fortune and continues to. I am sitting on a heap of GBP and am wondering if i should get rid of them now or continue holding onto it in hopes of making some of my money back. I need to turn this GBP into USD within a month and wonder what anyone who knows anything about this area suggests i should do.

Cheers.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Turkish Lira, Vietnameese Dong are both pretty solid. Right now I suspect the USD is going up because the cost per barrel for WTI crude just took a nosedive. Which was caused by the republicans in congress trying to get the dems back into office to talk about allowing offshore drilling for oil as part of a comprehensive energy package.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Turkish Lira, Vietnameese Dong are both pretty solid. Right now I suspect the USD is going up because the cost per barrel for WTI crude just took a nosedive. Which was caused by the republicans in congress trying to get the dems back into office to talk about allowing offshore drilling for oil as part of a comprehensive energy package.

now that is scary. talk about sustainable energy n'shit.. :S

SC counting 3 - 2 - 1 - ...
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This does not need to go to SC. I am banned for life from there.

PLease can we not make it a SC discussion, if people feel the need to argue anything then start a new thread in SC. I am just asking for some advice on the USD. Not asking to argue about it.

Thanks Broke for your comment, i just hope nobody needs to bitch about it.

Virgin-burner, i know you love to stir shit, please dont in this thread as I need some advice as i have lost a fortune and can not be part of a discussion in SC.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Just some recent news... althought the price of the barrel has gone up a little bit due to the storms in the gulf region, and the housing market at least near where I live has seemed to stabilize a little bit here. Basically it looks good and bad for the USD at the same time.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

i NEVER stir shit! :o
its just whenever i participate in a thread someone turns it into pot stirring.. :)

and, uhm, why are you banned from SC for life again? hasnt happened to me yet, so i think i have the right to ask you if you like to stir shit yourself? ;)

and since you're already loosing out on money, i could be bribed to keep quiet, you know? B|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

that's what ya get for investing in the US$$ when it was down. there was absolutely no way it was staying down, Everyone was merely waiting for the election to come around again and the end of the Bush era.:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not as easy with business as that.
Also, it was not really as simple as that. The exchange dropped for the Sterling from 1.97 to 1.85 over the space of 4-5 days.
Fairly big drop in my books.

If only it went up that fast.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

for the past couple of weeks the price of oil in the states dropped massively, so any rise in the value of the USD we are seeing I would guess would be coming from that. If the US starts offshore drilling expect to see the USD jump up again, and the cost of crude to drop.

From what I have been reading and hearing the dems are actually starting to realize that simply using less is not going to help us out of this crunch. it is only part of the solution. Use less make more. Win win for everyone.

I would still be wary of the USD. My brother is actually making money on some JPY vs GBP plays, as well as just holding the turkish lyra trade open as well.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

that's what ya get for investing in the US$$ when it was down. there was absolutely no way it was staying down, Everyone was merely waiting for the election to come around again and the end of the Bush era.:)

Smart move. I expect to see some major economic changes the 1st year Obama is in office.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"