blithedj

Packing - Stabilizer Placement

Hey everyone,

Just a quickie - I've had packing instructions from my instructors as well as other mentors and have a few pack-jobs that have been assisted.

I just received and watched "Pack like a Pro" and also have been following along with the packingparachutes.com study guide.

I understand all the concepts of flaking the cells and ordering the line-groups, but am a little confused about what needs to happen with the stabilizers... I'm going to be practicing my packing this Winter so when Spring rolls around I'll hopefully be able to complete a pack-job in under an hour. :D

First of all, pull all the stabilizer fabric outboard of the suspension lines.
After they have flaked the rest of the canopy, many people like to wrap their stabilizers aft of their steering lines. This helps keep steering lines center rear (an important point to preventing line-overs) while they finish wrapping the tail around the canopy and stiff it into the d-bag.

when you flake the nose cells and put them between you legs. there's the trim taped edge thats along the whole outside canopy, thats the stabilizer, you pull that out of the lines all the untill you get past the tail and to the other side of the canopy and to the nose.

P.S. I tried hard to explain it but I can't really put packing into words
Na' Cho' Cheese

...stiff it into the d-bag.

:D:D:D

Yep, I was taught to do what Rob suggests and for the same reasons...wrap each stabilizer around the outside towards the tail and around the lines and into the center before you push the nose in. I'm sure your packing teacher will show you how.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239