ladyskydiver

Question for South Africans (or those who've been there)

There's a pretty good possibility that I will be heading to South Africa for 2 weeks during one of the above 2 months.

Which is the better month to go and why?

I'd be staying in Mpumalanga, South Africa.

Thanks! :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Well April is bang in the middle of the winter, and if your in Mpumalanga it can be breath taking, but chilly.

August is a little windy if I recall, and has been known to have some rain.

If you dont mind the cold dark mornings and crisp Mpumalanga air, I'd vote for the April trip.

Good luck and have fun, it's a beautiful country.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I second karl, april is just after the rains so it will still be somewhat green. Skydiving is also very good that time of the year, we usually hold our nationals that time of the year.

April is also good if you want to see the animals in the Kruger national, best time of the year as it is not too hot.

I second karl, april is just after the rains so it will still be somewhat green.

Agreed. And not too hot in April.

April is also good if you want to see the animals in the Kruger national, best time of the year as it is not too hot.

Add to that that the vegetation is a lot less dense for better viewing, and there is a lot less water, so game viewing around water holes can be excellent.