schuey87

FT 50 Altimeter Colours

Does anyone have a picture of a yellow FT 50 altimeter that they could post on here or send me?
I like the idea of a yellow altimeter but I saw the Galaxy in yellow and its more of a gold, and I don't really like it... is the FT 50 'yellow' more of a real yellow!? Or another gold?

Does anyone have a picture of a yellow FT 50 altimeter that they could post on here or send me?
I like the idea of a yellow altimeter but I saw the Galaxy in yellow and its more of a gold, and I don't really like it... is the FT 50 'yellow' more of a real yellow!? Or another gold?

The FT-50 'yellow', is more of a shade of gold than yellow. That's just the way yellow comes-out when applied to the aluminum case. If, I'm not mistaken, it's a baked-on powder finish.

Chuck

http://www.robnik.com/SapColor11.htm

On that link is the pic I've linked below... to me that looks pretty yellow as a pose to the galaxy's golden yellow. If that is a true representation of the sapphire yellow, which I hope it is because it came from Robnik's website then I think I'll order one of those instead... you know I always thought the FT-50 and the sapphire were the same until now!