I3uller

Papa John's rules

I don't know how many military jumpers are on here but the other day I was on a DZSO (Drop Zone Safety Officer) detail on Normandy DZ here at Ft. Bragg. My job essentially was to hold a strobe light during a night jump so the jumpmaster knew when to start kicking the guys out. Of course its the Army so we get out there before the sun is even down and decide...to hell with this lets try and get some food out here. Military DZ's are pretty strict especially on jump days but we called up Papa John's and told the lady we were at Normandy DZ and got a really big confused silence. We gave directions and eventually we got a call: "Umm I see a bunch of Army trucks and a lot of guys waving their arms around...is that you?" Hell yea its us haha.

Dude that brings back memories!

We used to use the range control phones and have pizza delivered every time we had to work a Night DZSO Party.

I bet skymonkeyone, slotperfect and many others have some better stories. but I do remember a few time trying to explian to the 1SG how come we had pizza boxes in the "back haul" after being in the woods for 4 days. (we learned if you feed him, he asked less questions)

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Dude that brings back memories!

We used to use the range control phones and have pizza delivered every time we had to work a Night DZSO Party.

I bet skymonkeyone, slotperfect and many others have some better stories. but I do remember a few time trying to explian to the 1SG how come we had pizza boxes in the "back haul" after being in the woods for 4 days. (we learned if you feed him, he asked less questions)

Matt

Haha yea generally if you get whoever is yelling in on it their yelling gets a bit less loud. :D

Dude, that ain't shit. Back in the day there was a whole crew that worked at the local Dominos that delivered on Bragg(before it was closed) anywhere you were in the field. All you had to do was give them a 6 digit grid coord and they would give you a link up time at the nearest hardball/firebreak from your position. They were even tactical about it, no running or interior lights when you effected link up. AHH the good old days:D

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Damn you beat my delivery story haha. We were out in the field training once...last night out there after like 3 weeks in the freezing cold and we are all bedded down and out of nowhere our 1st sergeant starts yelling at everyone to get up and get in formation...real serious business. All we could think was "Ah hell Iran or Korea has gone off the edge..." Yea we all got lined up at like 1am in about 4 degree cold to get 1 slice of pizza each haha. Nice thought and all but I wanted nothing more than to get back in my fart sack.