Emmie

Cat people, need your help!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you all could give me some advice on what to do about a runaway cat. Last night, there was a rainstorm, and my door somehow got opened. I woke up around 5 am to find that my two cats escaped. I found one of them close to the house, but, can't find the second one. I'm freaking out, because as I was looking for her this morning I saw a cayotee run across my yard, and according to the neighbors, they see cayotees all the time. She's an indoor only cat, and this is her first time outside. I've posted signs, and gave out flyers...I don't know what else I can do. Do anyone have any suggestions? It's been raining the whole day, so I am hoping that she found a place to hide...One of the neighbors actually heard her crying outside his house last night, but, he didn't know she was mine[:/]
I would appreciate any advice you all could give me with what else I can do.
Thank you

Put out a bowl of tuna near the door she escaped from. Is she microchipped? You should also take flyers to the local vets and shelters since a lot of people who find animals will take them there.

Worse case scenario - you can get a trap to put out for her if she's too scared to even come to you. Most Humane Societies will rent them out. Just be very careful because you might end up trapping something that you don't want as a pet. This happened to me and I had to try to figure out how to release a really pissed off fox without getting mangled.

Good luck!!!
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

She's probably not far away.

Wait until meal time and then, hopefully she'll respond to the sound of the can opener.

yup, at meal time, whatever you make noise with when feeding him/her do it, and do it loud outside while calling him/her.

If the only thing that makes noise is the food hitting the bowl, then pour food in the bowl as loud as you can, wait, repeat.

Used to have a cat that would come running to the sound of a spoon hitting the bottom of a can of food.
Skymama's #2 stalker -