Braz933

Jumping post hernia surgery

I have had 2 inguinal hernia surgeries. First was in 2007. Second was in 2005.

Thanks,
Braz

So how do you get your first one two years AFTER your second one? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't know what the hell kind of hernia you are talking about. I had one on my left side about fifteen years ago. No problems with it since surgery but the other side has been loose ever since and the doctor told me to be careful with lifting things. Skydiving has not affected it one way or the other.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

An inguinal hernia is the type in the lower abdomen\groin area.

I had one about 3 inches left of my junk. Repaired and never a problem with it. That was before I was 18 and jumping so I dont know what kind of recovery you would need before you jump again. Never had any problems while jumping because of it.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

oops, I meant 1997 for the first one.

An inguinal hernia is the type in the lower abdomen\groin area. The one in 1997 was on the left side. The one 2005 was on the right side.

Well, that is the one that I had, made my left nut HUGE! :$ I have never had any problem with it, I was in my twenties, it took about six weeks to heal.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

had that surgery in Jan. 07. i really stuck to the post op physical limitations. and waited an extra month before returning to jumping after i was cleared for normal physical activity. and i took it easy with the jumps for a bit too, H&Ps and jumps where i didn't have to crank a hard arch.

haven't had any issues since.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Thanks for the response. I am way past any kind of recovery concerns. However, once and a while I feel some pain, and it scares me, makes me think the repair might blow out if I put enough stress on it.

I read another thread here where a guy got a hernia from a hard opening. That is what worries me.

However, once and a while I feel some pain, and it scares me, makes me think the repair might blow out if I put enough stress on it.

I know what your talking about. I had a sharp pain in that area after work one day. I did some heavy lifting that night and in some weird positions. Come to find out I am just out of shape and need to work out and stretch a little. But the little bit of pain did get my attention and make me worry a little.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I have had 2 inguinal hernia surgeries. First was in 2007. Second was in 2005.

My question is this...has anyone had ever had inguinal hernia surgery, and had it happen again because of jumping?

Thanks,
Braz

I will refrain myself from googling this matter .... if you can type, you can jump....
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"