upndownshop

Find the Turtle

There is a Turtle in there, no really! We had to send him back for coach jumps before he could jump with us again after the first SCR attempt with him on Friday.But by Sunday of SF02 he was able to jump with people once more. He wanted his SCR. But those ended on Sat at noon, some how we managed to rustle up a group and it included Bill Newell! Bill had not done a SCR in over 10 years (founder of the SCR program and one of the 8 on the first 8 way ever).
I am sure that Turtle has some great additions to this story but what he may not know is what happened on Breakoff! Well Bill and Turtle have grips at break off Turtle makes a 180 then upon falling straight down (tracking:P) he makes a 90 right. Not a real problem cause others are actually covering some ground rather than just going to it, except for Bill.. He decides he doesn't need to do a 180 and heads off straight ahead. Directly over Turtle, neither of which are really going anywhere, but Bill is covering just enough to stay over Turtle, I'm still in my spot from the formation watching, shaking my head wondering if Bill knows, Cause I know Turtle doesn't and wont. At the angle he was headed down there was know way he could look up enough to see Bill even if he remember too!
Bill luckily flew over and past Turtle so all was well. But man, one must ask, why do we continue to torture ourselves with these "fun" jumps!!!

There, Turtle bashing over....Still have a camera slot for ya at SF09 Raeford if ya let me know soon!:P

He's top center, the going clockwise is QtPI (who left us for the barren lands of west Texas), Mark, Keith. Skip a couple then the guy in the maroon gear is Brian Q, who quit jumping when his kid was born 3 months early (the child made it through ok!).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

He's top center, the going clockwise is QtPI (who left us for the barren lands of west Texas), Mark, Keith. Skip a couple then the guy in the maroon gear is Brian Q, who quit jumping when his kid was born 3 months early (the child made it through ok!).

When was this with Brian, if you have contact for him I would appreciate it. He and I were partners on the Texas State Record the following year. No he did not beat me every time to the formation!
Hope he is well.
Oh dont let any Sun Pah folks see this, they may not like whats on my back. LOL
What a fun jump that was, we were all beat up from the event. Hell you did Tandems didnt you?

Yup, I did some tandems at the event. I don't have any contact info for Brian and have been wondering how he has been doing. I haven't heard from him in a few years. I think Todd might have contact information for him or at least an e-mail for him, if you e-mail Todd.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."