beezyshaw

Extend the Life of your Pilot Chute

With the Smart link, the bridle loops have a round shape.

Right, I understand the individual loops are round from the Dacron, but what keep the two loops pulled apart to make a channel for the kill line? It looks like the two loops can come together, squeezing the kill line, adding friction.

Derek

Right, I understand the individual loops are round from the Dacron, but what keep the two loops pulled apart to make a channel for the kill line? It looks like the two loops can come together, squeezing the kill line, adding friction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Derek,
First, let's check what cause friction on the kill line:
The bridle itself!
The bridle we make is 90" long from pin to PC attachment. Friction will always be present in our enviroment right? Now, we can solve this problem making the kill line with kevlar lines or even vectran! The only problem will be the cost of these products! I'm also pretty sure that no PC manufacturer wants to make the people think that you will never need to replace your kill line or the PC itself!
Now, the length of the kill line in contact with the bridle loops is only 12". The shrinkage caused by the bridle is way bigger that the only 12" in contact with the bridle loops!
What keep the two loops pulled apart to make a channel for the kill line?
-A combination of specific dacron lines and the position of the bartacks!!!
I've been using my Smart link on my equipment for a lot of jumps and the 12" line that I mentioned don't even have the fuzzy looking!
Have a great weekend!B|
Cheers,
Gus Marinho
Rigging Solutions
Gus Marinho

but my problem with that is purely monetary. Now if PD gave you 5 in a set, that would be a different story.

It is only your life man. Figure skating, ice skating, cheap skating, it's all the same thing. how to get to the goal with less effort. and after all what does PD know?
have fun,
take care,
space

Relative Workshop's design hasn't been brought up yet? No ring, no slink, just a little elbow grease to get it in. I'm a big fan of them, not only for the elimination of the link, but there quality design and long life. With the pin off to the side (rather than in the middle of the bridle, main flaps also seem to lay flatter than with after market PCs.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!