Destiny_Unbound

Mirage VS. Voodoo

I was wondering if anyone had jumped a G3 or G4, and also jumped a Voodoo. Which one did you like better and why? I have read all kinds of reviews comparing mirages with javelins, but never have I seen anyone compare a Mirage and Voodoo, at least not as far as quality goes. I am trying to decide between a G4 (I currently have a G3) and a Voodoo and would appreciate any input.

Oh yeah, I'm a freeflyer btw...well, I'm trying anyways...lol

***Great intellect is being able to hold two opposing ideas in the mind and still function.***

Both are awesome rigs. The choice really comes down to the little things like aesthetic preference, price, delivery times, etc. The important stuff like quality, safety, and comfort are all close enough to equal between the two that neither stands out as better.

I personally really like the look of small Voodoos (size 0 and smaller) but think bigger Voodoos look weird (especially once you get up into the V3 and V4 sizes).

I've had a couple Voodoos and put a couple jumps on a G4.

Canuck

I have a couple G4's and a Jav and love them both. Jumped a Voodoo about 2 months ago and really liked it as well. Very tough call. I would go with whatever you think works best for you. For me I have gone back and forth between Sunpath and Mirage over the last 10 years and it always just depends on what's available at the time. My recent new rig is an Odyssey with what I believe to be the most comfortable backpad and legpads I have ever had. It feels like a down comforter on my back. But my G4's are great as well except for packers always complaining about the split d-bag which is now available as a regular bag if asked for before you order. You can't go wrong with either. I think looks wise Mirage is the king of the hill hands down. It has the best build quality and appearance as far as I'm concerned but everyone has their own opinion.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

Comfort is a relative term.

When someone says something is as comfortable as... whatever.. you need to think about what they have expereinced in their past.

For me, when I wear my G3 or my G4, I can't really feel the difference the padded back pad or the elasticated lumbar support gives, but I'm sure others can. Compared to the B4's and front mounted reserves I started out on, I cannot make a comparison, but the description given is a good one.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

"BS meter just went through the roof....that is just as bed as the Icarus ad saying that that the Safire 2 openings are "as soft as falling into pillows" or whatever."

The difference is that it's actually true. Did you notice the rigs I have? I'm not promoting anything or anyone. It's my "opninion" from items actually owned and used which last time I checked was allowed to be posted on these forums.. It's a personal observation I have had and I don't understand the "BS meter" that you speak of. How do you know my feelings are BS? Why would you say that?

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

Comfort is a relative term.

When someone says something is as comfortable as... whatever.. you need to think about what they have expereinced in their past.

Yes, I realize that. It still sounds stupid. Leave the metaphors for the products themselves. "Down comforters" and "pillow" belong on beds.

Yes, I realize that. It still sounds stupid. Leave the metaphors for the products themselves. "Down comforters" and "pillow" belong on beds.

If it fits, use it. The openings I had on an Icarus Crossfire2 demo were like falling into warm ice cream.;) I stole that from Skycat, but damned if she wasn't right.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Its hard for something to "sound" stupid. It may "seem" stupid but "sounding" stupid is not quite what your looking for. But I "see" what your saying about the metaphors.:ph34r: