Skyolker

VISO by L&B

they won´t have the swoop alarm? they said that you will hear it, even, when your using it in your arm...

any info about the swoop alarms on the viso?

As stated above in this thread, if you're looking to have the swoop alarms, then you should check out the Optima. The Optima is extremely accurate, and always in sync with my VISO. Even if you wanted to have a visual altimeter double as an audible with swoop alarms, you'd have an extremely hard time hearing an alarm that's on you wrist/hand if you were jumping high performance canopies.

[disclaimer] And no, you don't have to jump a high performance canopy to enjoy the benefits of "swoop" alarms, or to swoop period [/disclaimer]

Perfect Combo? Optima in the ear, VISO on your wrist/hand/leg.

Cheers! B|

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

they won´t have the swoop alarm? they said that you will hear it, even, when your using it in your arm...

any info about the swoop alarms on the viso?

As stated above in this thread, if you're looking to have the swoop alarms, then you should check out the Optima. The Optima is extremely accurate, and always in sync with my VISO. Even if you wanted to have a visual altimeter double as an audible with swoop alarms, you'd have an extremely hard time hearing an alarm that's on you wrist/hand if you were jumping high performance canopies.

[disclaimer] And no, you don't have to jump a high performance canopy to enjoy the benefits of "swoop" alarms, or to swoop period [/disclaimer]

Perfect Combo? Optima in the ear, VISO on your wrist/hand/leg.

Cheers! B|

--Jairo

I assume from your post you have a VISO. Can you explain which data it logs? The information on the L&B web site is not quite clear. How does the data logging capability comare to the Alti-track?
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

I assume from your post you have a VISO. Can you explain which data it logs? The information on the L&B web site is not quite clear. How does the data logging capability comare to the Alti-track?

I do have a VISO, and it's great! The VISO will log all altitude and speed information for every second of your skydive, from exit to landing. I love seeing how fast I can get my Velo 90 to descend during my 270 turn for landing! It will log this information for the last several jumps (don't remember off the top of my head how many...10? 15?), but logs standard exit altitude/spped, opening altitude/spped, dive number, info for about 200 or so jumps. However, this data is not downloadable to any logbook software.

The VISO is mainly an extremely accurate digital visual altimeter. If price is being considered, then check out the Pro-Track, as none of the new products for Larsen & Brusgaard are meant to specifically replace the Pro-Track. But if you're looking for detailed data/logbook functions that can be downloaded, AND a visual altimeter in a single unit, then you're not going to be able to beat the AltiTrack, as that is the intention behind it's design and function.

I hope this answers your questions. B|

Cheers!

--Jairo

If you hold out, it'll be well worth the wait! When L&B release a product, you can be guaranteed that it's been put through the ringer with test jumps and is of the highest quality. If you've ever jumped any L&B product, you'd know what I'm talking about

Yeah, they could release it now, and you'd get a great product. Instead, I know they're improving on the LCD display, the "Protektor" for water resistance, and better hand, wrist, and leg mounts for it. So when it is released, you'll end up with an excellent product, backed by the best customer service in the industry. (Do a forum search on L&B's customer service, and you'll see what I'm talking about).
:o
Cheers!

--Jairo

I'm sooo close to just giving up and buying a Neptune.....

i cancelled my order today that i placed last august. i'll be giving the neptune a go.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

I've been jumping a beta model and I have been thrilled with it. It's light, easy to use, and has performed flawlessly. I'll echo that it'll be worth the wait. It's awsome to have a super long battery life and not have to deal with an "on/off" switch (it just says on all the time. Built in time/date display is a bonus. There's never a clock visible at the DZ (kinda like vegas to keep you there spending money....) and I generally don't wear a watch while I'm jumping.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

I do have a VISO, and it's great! The VISO will log all altitude and speed information for every second of your skydive, from exit to landing. I love seeing how fast I can get my Velo 90 to descend during my 270 turn for landing! It will log this information for the last several jumps (don't remember off the top of my head how many...10? 15?), but logs standard exit altitude/spped, opening altitude/spped, dive number, info for about 200 or so jumps. However, this data is not downloadable to any logbook software.

The VISO is mainly an extremely accurate digital visual altimeter. If price is being considered, then check out the Pro-Track, as none of the new products for Larsen & Brusgaard are meant to specifically replace the Pro-Track. But if you're looking for detailed data/logbook functions that can be downloaded, AND a visual altimeter in a single unit, then you're not going to be able to beat the AltiTrack, as that is the intention behind it's design and function.

I hope this answers your questions. B|

Cheers!

--Jairo

If I understand correctly - you can view decent speed in real time? For example, while flying a wing suit, under 70 MPH, would you be able to see your actual free fall speed in real time?
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

yes, you can put it in 'speedometer' mode and see you decent speed in real time. if you do this, you cannot use it as an altimeter because it's an either/or thing.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001