skymama

Clear your cookies before shopping online

I heard a blurb on the news this morning about how you can sometimes get a better price on certain websites just by clearing your cookies before you start shopping. The reporter said that web companies want to attract new customers, so they often get lower prices. If the site thinks you're "new" also (because you've cleared your cookies) you might get a lower price too. They specifically mentioned this working very well on travel websites.

This is an old article I found on it. I don't know if it works or not, but since clearing cookies is so easy, it might be worth a try!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

A good way to clean your PC/laptop is using the freeware CCleaner.
You can choose those cookies that you use for logons to sites such as dropzone.com and the rest of the cookies will be deleted.

http://www.download.com/CCleaner/3000-2144_4-10315544.html

CCleaner is a system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system--allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It cleans: Internet Explorer (temporary files, URL history, cookies, autocomplete form history, index.dat); Firefox (temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history); Windows (Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, and Log files); Registry cleaner (advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including file extensions, ActiveX controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, application paths, icons, and invalid shortcuts. Also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Click Start-> Run
Type INETCPL.CPL in the box that appears and then click OK.
Click the Privacy tab.
Using the slider bar, modify your cookie settings. You can also override any automatic cookie handling via the advanced options.
I prefer this method myself...under advanced, click on Override Automatic Cookie Handling and accept first party cookies and prompt for third party cookies.
You will have to get familiar with what cookies are needed for which websites.