RALFFERS

My pipes are frozen

The frozen spots are most likely close to outside walls. Is the kitchen sink close to an outside wall?
The upstairs and the bathroom feeds probably run up an interior wall.

I just discovered that my kitchen sink pipes are frozen. The bathrooms are working so far.

My pipes run through the attic which was filled with blown-in insulation last summer. Any idea how I can get them unfrozen?

Should I turn the faucet on slightly in the bathrooms? With hot water?
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

However, if you have Faith, then you will endure. For it is in Faith that you will find warmth and comfort.

Reverend Jack
:);)

But Rev...Faith is a red-head, and having Faith is often a test, in and of itself! :P

My Son,

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Or else they freeze their dick off!

Have Faith!

The Rev
:ph34r:

We got the pipes unfrozen! :) - she took a blow dryer to all the pipes of the sinks. :ph34r: No splits, no leakage; no damage of any kind. :)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

However, if you have Faith, then you will endure. For it is in Faith that you will find warmth and comfort.

Reverend Jack
:);)

But Rev...Faith is a red-head, and having Faith is often a test, in and of itself! :P

My Son,

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Or else they freeze their dick off!

Have Faith!

The Rev
:ph34r:

Always been the choice...Have Faith or a frozen dick. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

We came back from a week in Florida and our pipes were frozen from non use. We found out it was from the main feed line out by the street. My city eventually came to our rescue. They had a gasoline driven arc-welder . The y ran the negative ground clamp to the out side faucet ,then touched the positive clamp to the curbside turn off valve . Running a dead short it cleared quickly. They couldnt get to us when we first reported it so they ran a garden hose over the fence to our neighbor water tap to ours. they said let it run about the size of a pencil stream.They also turned of f both meters so he wouldnt get my bill too.
I too have a freezing pipe problem in our crawl space do to the dumb ass previous owner. We turn on the washer to see if water is coming through at the outside walls. I put in heat cables and a space heater that we turn on. we turn on the oven timer for 30 minutes and everything is fine.
We in Michigan are having the worst cold spell in decades. Iam glad to only have to flip a switch. On e really fine jump summer week-ends I,ll crawl under the house and re-route the pipes. If you believe that I've got some really nice ocean view property in Iowa to sell you.
All in all make sure water is still available like with neighbors before assuming its only yours.

Time to put on your snow suit, grab the torch from the garage

Just dont set the floor on fire like my dumb ass cousin did. I prefer the salamander to heat the pipes myself.

http://www.masterdist.net/allproheaters/forcedair/kerosene/index.html

Those heaters are AWESOME! We use them at work to keep the shop warm. I know i work in florida but with being a marine contractor and working right on a major river it makes it painfully cold if its windy at the same time..and youa re out working it in. Its nice to have a nice and warm shop to go back to for break and lunch time! Dont get too close to those heaters though. They put out REALLLLLLLLLY hot air REALLLLLLLLLLY fast!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye