jtval

UFC 97

Where all my UFC fans at!!!!

Who do you have for the "W?"

Silva V Leites
I think Thales has a good chance here. As good as Anderson is all around his weakness is on the ground. We've seen him come close a few times.
However, he is a veteran and he waits and watches his opponent for a minute or two before jumping in and picking him apart.
I expect this match to go further than Anderson has been in the UFC; passed the 3rd round.
I can't say that Thales will win but he's got the best chance and I wouldnt mind seeing it.

Icecold V Rua
Rua hasn't been impressive lately....nor has chuck.
I think Chuck may be able to land a shot and drop Rua.

Krysztof for the win. he was pretty strong during the series.

Congo will over power hardonk

I hope they show
Nate quarry V Macdonald.
I got quarry on this

I also hope they show
Louissou V Herman
I Haven't seen the crow in a while but My money is on him.
My photos

My Videos

I can't wait for these fights (btw, did you watch the last WEC? Miguel rocks! Love him and his Mexican mullet!)

My picks:
Silva
Rua
Krzysztof
Hardonk
Loiseau
Quarry...but I think that one is pretty evenly matched
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

People must be busy jumping or watching the NHL playoffs or something...:)
Is Silva really "weak" on the ground? Or is he weak in comparison to Leites? He is a BJJ black belt so I find your comment interesting. I can't pick anybody but Silva in this fight. Of course, I felt the same way about Rich Franklin before he met Silva the first time and we know how that turned out!

Chuck - He has to win or I think it is time to hang 'em up.

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Silva isn't weak on the ground but if I had to find HIS weak area it would be on the ground.

I.E. His stand up is flawless but I've seen him get sloppy on the ground.

Watch the Lutter fight. If Lutter didn't gas he had a good chance.
My photos

My Videos

Silva isn't weak on the ground but if I had to find HIS weak area it would be on the ground.

I.E. His stand up is flawless but I've seen him get sloppy on the ground.

Watch the Lutter fight. If Lutter didn't gas he had a good chance.

Lutter was the winner of TUF that got the title shot right? I thought he did a good job of fighting the fight he wanted. He definitely gave it a good shot.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I think he was the winner of TUF. He was definitely on the show.

Did you see UFC 97?

Title fight was WEAK!!!

SPOILERS IN WHITE:

Silva V Leites
I was right about the distance and that I couldn't say Thales would win. I was wrong about this being a good fight. What was up with thales?

Icecold V Rua
I was going on pure hope with this one. Chuck is done! I've said it before. He is unwilling to evolve so he will fade away.

"Krysztof for the win. He was pretty strong during the series."

"Congo will over power hardonk"

My photos

My Videos

I didn't see the fight but was following it on a live blog. When the crowd is booing it's never a very good sign. There seemed to be very little action. My FMA instructor watched it and told me this morning that it wasn't much of a fight. He said the Liddell fight was the best in his opinion.

I hope Chuck hangs 'em up. I don't think he has it anymore...and like you say, he hasn't changed his game when everybody has him figured out.
--
Murray

Well, you can't always go by the crowd.
Some crowds are idiots.
I forget which city it was in but the fight was oin the ground and it was technical as hell. the crowd boo'ed.

Than they just booed at everything.
Val and I talked about it in one of these threads.
My photos

My Videos

Very true.

I remember that thread...too much ground fighting for the people that only want to see the big kayos.
--
Murray

I just came back from my noon hour kick boxing class. I spoke to the instructor (30 years experience, 4th degree black belt karate, brown belt judo, knows BJJ and FMA as well) about the fight and he was very impressed with some of the things that Silva was doing...foot sweeps and so on. He said it was like Silva was sparring with a student. He enjoyed the fight but I am sure that a lot of what he was seeing wouldn't be anything that most people would have noticed.
--
Murray

Silva was fine. Thales was dull.

I am POSITIVE that Silva's training camp was tougher than the fight.

Thales was no competition at all.
It was a boring fight whether or not Anderson came off well.
I think Spider could have gotten more aggressive, though.
My photos

My Videos

Doesn't anyone want to fight Silva? Even I'd be willing to get knocked out for what they paid Leites! You could tell that Silva was just getting frustrated as sh*t with it.

The Wiman fight was great! I'm surprised the judges didn't give it to him. I thought he had won the first round.

I wish I could've seen Quarry's & Herman's fights.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

DITTO ON EVERYTHING YOU SAID.

We all thought Wiman won. there was like 23 of us at my coworkers house.

I called Wiman in the beginning with a few others and some called (whoever he fought). by the end of the fight we ALL agreed Wiman won. It was a GREAT FIGHT but I guess "don't leave it up to the judges" is more than a fancy cliche.

Do you know who won the Quarry fight?
I call Quarry thats why I called it his fight. LOL

I guess I will do google or sherdog it.

EDIT:
Quarry won

I had louissou for the win but herman took it.
Herman hasn't been good and The Crow used to be a badass. I dont know how the fight went. I dont even know if it was submit/ko/ or decision but I would guess Herman eeked it out
My photos

My Videos

Ken Shamrock was also a pretty cool dude when I met him. I booked the fighters from IFL @ our hotel when his "team" faced off against frank's out here a couple years ago. Came into our office to thank us and I got to BS with him for a bit since I was the only one who knew anything about UFC and his history, was a very cool 15 minutes. Offered me $10 an hour to be his punching bag :)
Are there any vids posted of the rua/liddell fight? I wanna see it!

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

You can watch any of chucks last few fights and just write the name RUA on the shorts of the previous KO's

It looked pretty much the same.[:/]

I'm glad to hear Ken was cool, but I think he's a fucking douchebag. Just my opinion.

His last impression as a UFC fighter was pathetic. As a man, as a coach ad as a fighter. All those years of fighter doesn't give anyone the right to treat students that way.

Plus, when you get into a battle of ego's no one comes out looking good.

My photos

My Videos